Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
Picked up some used XD Series rims and Nitto Grappler G2’s. The rims are a little wider and have zero offset. Pushed the tires out just a little further that the factory rims did, but they still stuff into the fender OK. Now I’m on the hunt for a matching rim and tire for the spare, then I’ll sell the old set of 5.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
Picked up a matching rim to complete the set of five. Mounted up one of the old Westlake tires as a spare. Next time I have to buy tires it’ll be a set of 5.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
Picked up a ARB 50 Qt fridge used for a great price, south of $400. Now I’m thinking of picking up the insulated cover and exploring some mounting ideas for the FJ. I wasn’t really looking but the price was too good to pass up..

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
Picked up a Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium V1. I ran a 24hour test with the ARB 50QT plugged into the AC inverter side of the Yeti. ( I realize the fridge is DC native and would run more efficiently on DC...future test). With the fridge already running and cold (34 degrees) it used 20% per 12 hours. This was set up in my garage, no charge input to the Yeti, ambient temps 100 - 78 degrees. Not very scientific, just a quick geeky test that makes me smile. I’ll run another DC based test soon in the FJ.

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
Picked up a Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium V1. I ran a 24hour test with the ARB 50QT plugged into the AC inverter side of the Yeti. ( I realize the fridge is DC native and would run more efficiently on DC...future test). With the fridge already running and cold (34 degrees) it used 20% per 12 hours. This was set up in my garage, no charge input to the Yeti, ambient temps 100 - 78 degrees. Not very scientific, just a quick geeky test that makes me smile. I’ll run another DC based test soon in the FJ.

That's good to know. Did you open and close the fridge at all to simulate use?

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Mangas 4x4

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
That's good to know. Did you open and close the fridge at all to simulate use?

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
No I didn’t, that’s a great idea for a real world test! I’ve ordered the outside cover for the ARB, mostly for protection from scratches. I’m curious if it’ll add much insulation factor to the fridge as well?

Reactions: Fellow Jeeper

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
IMG_1685.JPG2018-09-15 0166_1 .jpg

Picked up a used N-Fab prerunner bar with 2 lights. Eventually I want to replace the existing Hella’s with large 9” round LED lights, but for now I’m going to add a couple of mount points and fit all four small Hella lights on there.

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
IMG_1803.JPGIMG_1804.JPGIMG_1805.JPG
Modified a mirror mount (nmo) antenna to
Fit the N-Fab bumper bar. The old Larsen antenna does quite a jiggle dance off road...might need to look at a different antenna down the road.

Reactions: Russell Peters

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
IMG_2075.JPG
Swapped out the Rancho’s for Radflo 2.0’s. The three hours between NASCAR and the World Series game was plenty of time..(go Red Sox)IMG_2076.JPGIMG_2077.JPGIMG_2083.JPGIMG_2082.JPG
Next I’ll buy the wrench and crank a little more lift, and get rid of the .25 inch drivers side lean.
[emoji631][emoji461]️[emoji631]

RicketyOnion

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4GZD

What are your thoughts on the goal zero generator(or whatever they call it)?

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
What are your thoughts on the goal zero generator(or whatever they call it)?
So far I’ve been really happy with it. I think the price is a little high, but it’s really been great. It’s nice to have the peace of mind with running the fridge, lights at night, and charge mobile devices without worrying about draining the vehicle battery.

One caveat with the lithium models, they can’t charge off the vehicle 12 volt system. So you need solar or ac power to charge. I charge mine using a small 400 watt inverter while driving, and a 50 Watt solar panel while parked.

I still might install a second battery and isolator in the FJ in the future. I have the Yeti and ARB in the FJ only for trips. I’d be happy to answer specific questions or chat about the Yeti.

Russ

RicketyOnion

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4GZD
Thanks... was thinking of doing the goal zero instead of a second battery.. portability and home use if the power goes out. The fear of dead battery always gets me when camping so I carry a jumper pack just in case.

Reactions: SW_UT_FJ

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
IMG_2131.JPG
The Radflo spanner wrench and sway bar relocation kit arrived..
IMG_2134.JPG
Easy install on the sway bar kit.
IMG_2139.JPG
Adjusted the front for one additional inch of lift, the stance is getting closer to how I want it...maybe just a bit higher in the front..[emoji3]
IMG_2138.JPG

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
Installed Expedition One bumpers and a Smittybilt Winch. I’m very happy with the easy install and amazing customer service from Exp1. Future mods include swapping the Hellas for some larger round LED lights, and possibly exchanging the steel cable on the winch for synthetic rope.

BD3EA856-7F7B-4AC6-9038-9D5F3D4A2B88.jpg
0F14E1B2-56C8-401D-8C9C-1F99B3ABEC5F.jpg
2019-03-23 0025_1 .jpg

Reactions: GPsGeeps

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
After researching roof racks I decided to go with an Eezi-Awn K9 flat rack, 87x49. I drove to SLC and bought from Equipt Expedition Outfitters. IMG_4971.JPGIMG_4969.JPG

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
I picked up an Eezi-Awn 1600 series 3 tent. I’m impressed with the quality of everything on the tent. IMG_5201.JPGIMG_5203.JPG
Wife approves[emoji3]
IMG_5206.JPG

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
Next up a larger ARB awning to replace the 4’ that was on the rear. 2019-08-18 0014_1 .jpg

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
Adjustments.JPG

Added MaxxTrax and a shovel using Eezi Awn mounts for the K9 rack.