Denver, CO
Member #

sondo007

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

saint louis
Member #

nice, I wish I opted for a hard topper instead of my softopper. Next tuck will have a hard one for sure.
What kinda shocks do you have? Standard bilstein or aftermarket. Where did you get your Winch? Have you had to use it, does have enough power to pull the Tundra out of a ditch

Reactions: Pindal

Gillbrak

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
Member #

What kinda shocks do you have? Standard bilstein or aftermarket. Where did you get your Winch? Have you had to use it, does have enough power to pull the Tundra out of a ditch
Blistein 5100s. I got my winch off Amazon. It’s a 12k Warn so pretty stout. Have only used it to help up a snow packed hill. Pretty steep and it worked without issue.

Reactions: sondo007

PB&Me

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Merges
Member #

Great to see the Tundra can do Moab. Inspires me to plan for that with my ‘16.

fliberto38

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Worth, TX
Member #

Glad to see this. I just traded a 12 Tundra 2wd for a 19 Tundra 4wd. Just bought a lift kit for it and plan on building it to take on the dirt from time to time.

Gillbrak

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
Member #

Great to see the Tundra can do Moab. Inspires me to plan for that with my ‘16.
Glad to see this. I just traded a 12 Tundra 2wd for a 19 Tundra 4wd. Just bought a lift kit for it and plan on building it to take on the dirt from time to time.
I find it's plenty capable for my needs. Is a bit wide but it's old and paid for so i don't mind the rocky mountain pin striping.

Gillbrak

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
Member #

Any particular reason you don’t care for the softopper and want a hard shell? I’m trying to decide between a hard or soft shell myself.
For the fact of security only. Would be nice to lock stuff inside and keep the honest folks honest. I like the softopper just fine other than that.

Reactions: DeanH1290

Bilbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
I just ordered the ARE canopy/cap/topper from NW Auto and Truck Accessories. I got the MX version for a little more headroom as I intend to build a frame with drawers and a mattress. Also, will easily fit my mountain bike in there as well. I like the idea of being able to drive to Moab, sleep in the truck, and pull out my bike all clean and ready to go. :)

I spoke with a couple folks who have the ARE and they really like them. In fact, spoke with a guy today who used to have a Leer and now has the ARE and is much happier with the ARE.