Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Nice 4Runner. Looking forward to seeing how your rack turns out. Wish I had the skills to fab my own equipment.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Is there a reason you are going with 1.5? Seems like overkill to be but then again, I don't know what you'll be carrying up there

Trotto17

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Costal South Carolina
First Name
C
Last Name
Trotto
Member #

Is there a reason you are going with 1.5? Seems like overkill to be but then again, I don't know what you'll be carrying up there
Ill be looking at pipe on Saturday, I have a feeling ill be going smaller. Priced it out with 1.5", figured i wouldn't be going any larger than that.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Ill be looking at pipe on Saturday, I have a feeling ill be going smaller. Priced it out with 1.5", figured i wouldn't be going any larger than that.
gotcha, so worst case, you already know what you'll be paying for 1.5, best case, you go smaller and save money. Not bad lol

Reactions: Trotto17

Trotto17

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Costal South Carolina
First Name
C
Last Name
Trotto
Member #

Alright, so few changes as I went, but still coming out great!

#1. I switched to 1" for the frame and 3/4 for the cross bars.

#2. I shortened it so that it wouldn't reach over the sunroof. No way to support it in the front and I did not want to drill into my new truck just yet.

#3. For now I'm going to go with a stealth style rack, just a base with no sides riding up. Want to see how it effects mileage and functionality. I will probably eventually add the top part of the basket.

So all in all its coming out great, next week I will paint and fabricate mounts for it. Check it out so far!

*side note the bars were not welded at the point I took the photos, yes I did line them up and makes sure it was all square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SLO Rob