2010 Jeep Wrangler Saraha JKU Build!

• HTML tutorial

Member III

Illinois, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Hewitt
Hello everyone! It has been a pretty long time since I have posted last, my last build (96 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ) was awesome and due to some rust problems had to get rid of it. I drove a small pickup for a majority of the year until we found this guy!

I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler and specifically a green saraha trim wrangler! (i would have wanted a TJ but we needed the 4 door)

A9E24C35-E477-4970-8A7A-628E0A6EE20C.JPG

The Jeep, like I mentioned is a 2010 Wrangler Saraha Unlimited (4x4) with the 3.8V6 and the Automatic transmission. I wanted this to be easy for my wife to drive, which is why we didn't go for a manual. It currently has 114,000 on it and is completely bone stock mechanically!

Here is some of the stuff we plan on doing pretty soon:

Shocks all the way around (looking at Rancho RS5000X, but still might get Bilsteins)
Front rotors need replaced, the dealership just pad slapped it and sent it on their way.
Headlights for sure will be upgraded
The lowest priority is tires, the ones the put on are brand new, so I'll drive on them through this winter and before we go trailing alot next spring we will replace them!

Of course there is a million accessories we have been looking at but overall I think we are gonna get the DeepSleep mattress and some grab handles and call it a day!

83E6D615-197D-4163-95FE-4B92A06FF163.JPG4ED4E629-EADF-4E36-B209-3AAB9066C527.JPGIMG_6878.JPG

We have already taken it on her maiden voyage to a local state park for an impromtu camping trip and love it so far!

Ill try to keep updating as I add more to the Jeep!

G0to60

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Milwaukie, OR
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Larson
That's the best course is to start small and figure out what would make for a more enjoyable time. My wife had a 2017 Wrangler Sport and we slowly built up over time and it took us nearly everywhere we wanted to go without spending big money on huge upgrades. I will say that the number one best mod that she did was install LED headlights (JW Speaker to be precise) as the stock halogens are down right dangerous. Keep us updated!

Member III

Illinois, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Hewitt
That's the best course is to start small and figure out what would make for a more enjoyable time. My wife had a 2017 Wrangler Sport and we slowly built up over time and it took us nearly everywhere we wanted to go without spending big money on huge upgrades. I will say that the number one best mod that she did was install LED headlights (JW Speaker to be precise) as the stock halogens are down right dangerous. Keep us updated!
I totally agree! my fog lights are brighter than my headlights lol that is definitely on the short list of upgrades!

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Hello everyone! It has been a pretty long time since I have posted last, my last build (96 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ) was awesome and due to some rust problems had to get rid of it. I drove a small pickup for a majority of the year until we found this guy!

I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler and specifically a green saraha trim wrangler! (i would have wanted a TJ but we needed the 4 door)

View attachment 215492

The Jeep, like I mentioned is a 2010 Wrangler Saraha Unlimited (4x4) with the 3.8V6 and the Automatic transmission. I wanted this to be easy for my wife to drive, which is why we didn't go for a manual. It currently has 114,000 on it and is completely bone stock mechanically!

Here is some of the stuff we plan on doing pretty soon:

Shocks all the way around (looking at Rancho RS5000X, but still might get Bilsteins)
Front rotors need replaced, the dealership just pad slapped it and sent it on their way.
Headlights for sure will be upgraded
The lowest priority is tires, the ones the put on are brand new, so I'll drive on them through this winter and before we go trailing alot next spring we will replace them!

Of course there is a million accessories we have been looking at but overall I think we are gonna get the DeepSleep mattress and some grab handles and call it a day!

View attachment 215493View attachment 215494View attachment 215495

We have already taken it on her maiden voyage to a local state park for an impromtu camping trip and love it so far!

Ill try to keep updating as I add more to the Jeep!
I did the same thing. Had to get rid of my 2 door TJ for my 2014 JkU. The kids got older and liked riding in it way more once they had more room. I started out bone stock also and I’m slowly getting it where I want it. Enjoy you’re build! I look forward to seeing it.

Reactions: MidwesternOverland