2008 GX470 Build

• HTML tutorial

ConcordCarlos

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings fellow overlanders. Posting my build thread, as with my last vehicle(2001 T4R) it will never be fully done..
Some of the details:

2008 GX470 Non KDSS.
Bought 2 years ago with about 110k miles.

Since purchase I have done the following,
ToyTech coil over lift. I went with non-res 2.5" shock bodies and their standard Superflex rear springs. Got the SPC adjustable UCA's at the same time. Ride is not as plush, but I am fine with it. Better than the constantly leaking and refiling rear airbags!
Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery Kit.
Put a 12v plug,USB and voltmeter/interior air temp gauge in the rear cargo area.
Victron solar charge controller with built in Bluetooth.
Used a trolling motor plug in the lower portion of the grill, I bring a 100w folding solar panel to keep the batteries topped off and the beer cold in a 50qt ARB trail fridge.
Yeasu Ham Radio on a no drill mount. The "brain" is mounted under the drivers seat.
RCI engine and Transfer case skids.

Ive most likely forgotten a thing or two.

Up next will be Falken Wildpeak AT3's in 255/80/17. Beyond that I am not sure what is next. Maintenance wise in 2019 I will be getting the transmission(sealed unit, thanks toyota...) flushed and the water pump/T-Belt replaced.

V%GT7MzwR526HTXwIZsYrg.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@ConcordCarlos
2008 GX470 Non KDSS.Off Grid Engineering Dual Battery Kit.
Put a 12v plug,USB and voltmeter/interior air temp gauge in the rear cargo area.
Victron solar charge controller with built in Bluetooth.
Used a trolling motor plug in the lower portion of the grill, I bring a 100w folding solar panel to keep the batteries topped off and the beer cold in a 50qt ARB trail fridge.
Greetings! I'd like to know more about your electrical mods. I've been down to OffGrid's shop and spoken to them a bit about their kit.
Did you install yours? If so what can you tell me about the process.
Any details on how you added the Solar charge controller into the mix?
Reasons for going to the Victron over some of the other options (I was looking at Bluesky IIRC)
MPPT or PWM?

Boort

ConcordCarlos

Rank 0

Traveler I

If they can install it, I’d say go for it. It wasn’t the wasn’t the easiest thing I’ve installed.
The solar charge controller feeds into the system on the house battery side of my system. I choose that one after reading about the options various people used. I spent a lot of time on expeditionportal.com lots of good info there.

Reactions: Boort