2006 Trailblazer

• HTML tutorial

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
Love your TB man. Makes me miss my 06 TB. I was a member of OffroadTrailblazer back in the day and remember reading through your build there.

Great trail photos, as well.

Reactions: hardtrailz

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Thanks. Been actually getting back into the truck some. I added some new tires and wheels. 17x8.5 w 315/70/17 this time. Actually sit taller than the 35 12.5 that were on it but tread seems narrower. Also replaced all the speakers inside and have a double din and reverse camera to go in shortly. Also have a dash cam I got for Christmas. Swapping in new hubs and Cv shafts since I know one the hubs is about to fall off after 3 years and one of the cv boots sprung a leak. Ned to also toss on the new steering rack and tie rods. Pulled apart the rear bumper for new powdercoat. After nearly 180K it is time to put some of the stockpiled parts on it.

CopperStar

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

1901 West Germann Road, Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Moore
Member #

That Muffler looked like it was in some serious pain towards the end of it's life. It's great to see the progression of the fabrication work go from simple to complicated and functional as the front bumper revisions progressed! Did you have the projectors custom made?

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
That muffler has been thru about 6 years of hell. The back ripped off when I fell they ice covered creek. Lost everything from muffler back.

Projector are aftermarket trash honestly. I tried every bulb n they suck. Hid, led, high dollar conventional--none are great. I am looking at the drop in retrofit projectors available for these housing

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Some new work on the rig. Stripped off the roof rack and rear bumper swings for a re-do of configuration and powdercoating. Also played with one of the front grills and made it white for awhile. Need to pull off white strip on windshield and go back to regular tint ASAP as well. Also put in some LED headlight bulbs...not impressed. Think I will do a better projector and go back to HID bulbs again. Also added new door speakers since it was down to one working occasionally. Also got a new single sub to take up less room in the rear. Did get a double din head unit but it is not installed yet. Also picked up a couple new jerry cans to build the rear swing around cause i want a shelf/dual can holder that I can use more often. Slapped in some new hubs and tie rod, but need to regrease the splined disco and do the CVs when I get a bit more time. Been awhile, so its about time for basic maintenance.

Before the strip

Tires and wheels the wife actually picked out

On the truck. Ride nice and seem like they do pretty good.

Stripped down for the re-do

The grill for something different, but its already about to change the more I look at it. Easy silly fun when you got 3 spares.

ach078

Rank 0

Contributor I

Love the rig. I have a 2001 blazer I'm hoping to start working on soon. Hardtrailz I was wondering what do you think should be the first few things to do? Income is kinda limited

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Few pics since photobucket hosed everyone with their crap.

New wheels I been playing with and the new falken MT which I am not real impressed with at all.

z9.jpg z23.jpg z19.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy P

jhewitt03

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

29 palms CA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hewitt
Wow I’m in the market for a new DD/trail rig and I just stumbled upon an 08 at a killer price and was like meh what can I even do with this so I looked it up on OB app and you sir just made my decision for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Thanks. It is an underrated platform. Great engines w good mpg, decent trans, solid 2.7:1 TC plus a full box frame and lots of creature comforts available.