Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Really nice work done here, I like the progression of the front bumper build until you found one that was A) Functional, B) Good looking, and then you added the stinger and side bars, nice. At the end, post the final before/after, it's a cool transition. I don't see those around a lot, you have a pretty unique, well-built, obviously functional, good looking rig. Nice to see it gets used as well.

Dan.

Reactions: hardtrailz

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

Man, that thing is rad. I love the look, and it seems like it's a beast on the trails! I love it when people do creative things with unique vehicles. I remember when the Trailblazer came out. I couldn't believe how much power they had from the factory. I had a Camaro at the time, and those things had way more power than my sports car. I was maybe a bit jealous. :smiley:

After seeing your progression, I'm wishing I had the resources to do some fabrication. I did a bit of welding back in college, but I'd love to learn again and practice. One day when I have a respectable shop, for sure. Congrats on the progress of your rig. It's amazing!

B

BPD53

Awesome build. I love seeing something different. If I see another "built" Jeep etc...I will puke. Great work. Keep running that Trailblazer!!

MrHentoni

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Littleton, CO, USA
Member #

Gotta respect the customization it took to get this thing where it stands! Mine in all honesty has so many "bolt on" parts available, it makes me appreciate the truly "custom" rigs out there. Yours definitely falls in that category! Keep up the amazing work on this thing!

B

BPD53

Gotta respect the customization it took to get this thing where it stands! Mine in all honesty has so many "bolt on" parts available, it makes me appreciate the truly "custom" rigs out there. Yours definitely falls in that category! Keep up the amazing work on this thing!
Well spoken!

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Been a bit, but I got some updates in the works. A new winch bumper is at powdercoat now and some new to me projector headlights. Also have some 5125 rear shocks to toss on. Picked up some doors my buddy Regulator started cutting for trail use and he then traded them to me to get some that match his body lines better. Little work and I think they will be nice. Kept mirrors and uses factory latching.

Sneak peak pics

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana

Lights all hooked up. Need to aim headlights, but got the marker lights working for first time in awhile. What to put the side LED strips on a switch or with the parking lights. The bumper lights do quite well for 27 watt Amazon units.

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: IronPercheron

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Figured out these headlights are not HID friendly. They actually have projectors for halogen and leave me with a shadow and hot spot as seen here...

So I am planning to move the HID to the high beams and ordered up some Osram NightBreaker halogens. Should help to maximize the light performance. Slightly disappointed, but best to get usable light and not affect oncoming traffic. Also think the marker lights will be changed to LED since they are not very bright through the reflector/filter/cover thing.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Figured out these headlights are not HID friendly. They actually have projectors for halogen and leave me with a shadow and hot spot as seen here...

So I am planning to move the HID to the high beams and ordered up some Osram NightBreaker halogens. Should help to maximize the light performance. Slightly disappointed, but best to get usable light and not affect oncoming traffic. Also think the marker lights will be changed to LED since they are not very bright through the reflector/filter/cover thing.
I remember when I tried putting HID's in my Stock S10 Blazer headlight housings.....it was bad, very bad lol

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Sadly the HID in my stock housing worked better than these new projectors with the way I aimed them. Well at least less annoying to drive with. I never was brighted in about 5 years. I thought these would be maximize the HID though and found I was mistaken. I think the osram in the projectors should work well though. If not I can always do a retrofit or go back to my others.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Sadly the HID in my stock housing worked better than these new projectors with the way I aimed them. Well at least less annoying to drive with. I never was brighted in about 5 years. I thought these would be maximize the HID though and found I was mistaken. I think the osram in the projectors should work well though. If not I can always do a retrofit or go back to my others.

My XJ is rocking the old glass sealed beams for now. Plan on upgrading to the LED ones iv'e seen around lately, I have heard good things about them.

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Got some new exhaust finally:

Replaced this rusty crap

With this stuff

I will get a pic of it installed since I forgot, but the difference is amazing. As the exhaust was rotting I did not realize how loud it had become with basically a straight pip setup over the past year or so. With the simple Magnaflow and turndown it sounds nice and clean with much less inside noise. Almost silent to my ears. We cut the old mounting bolts and pulled the rust out. Used a new flange gasket and bolted up new stuff, but to fit right with the dump we shorted it a couple inches and welded it right to the muffler exit. The mount on the magnaflow was for an ext, so I had to chop the part that slid in the rubber hanger off and weld it right to where the dump was attached. Fit right is and is nice and solid. It now dumps a few inches before the rear axle.