• HTML tutorial

Chromedragon

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stockton, CA
Member #

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon I have had this rig since 2012 and have been slowly working on it and getting to know it. There are more details about the initial build up to this time out on a different site the info can be found here 2006 Power wagon

The current state of the Vehicle are as follows.

2006 Dodge 2500 Power Wagon Manual Transmission and Transfer Case with a 5.7L Hemi Gas V8 engine.
Cooper Discover ATP 285x70 R17 Tires on Moto Rims(rims came with the truck)
Rancho 9000xl shocks (replaced the Bilstine’s at 77k)
Warn 12k rated winch came from the factory in a hide away configuration behind the bumper. I have replaced the Aircraft Cable with Amsteel Blue Synthetic line
Dynatrac rebuild able ball joints
Dynatrac Free spin kit with Warn hubs
Sony Stereo with backup cam (very handy in tight spots)

Gear:
Recovery gear including tow straps, tree saver, shackles and switch block, sand tracks etc.
First aid kits and backup batteries for all lights, phones etc.
Camping gear is pretty well situated but after 4 seasons we are looking to replace the Coleman 6 person instant tent with possibly and OZTent Rv-5 or Jet Tent. Love the Chairs I got at Bass pro its there larger chairs rated for heavier folk. They are comfy and sturdy which I need as I have a tendency to break things in odd ways even under normal use.
Still working on my mobile Ham config, as I just got my ticket before Christmas, so the exploring is ongoing in the Ham world.

Any and all commentary or questions are welcomed.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Good looking Rig, nice to see another Dodge on here.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Wow the busted window pics made me cringe!. Good looking build. I always love seeing power wagons

Chromedragon

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stockton, CA
Member #

Yeah the break in noted on the other site was not fun and the interior still never got back to 100 % but that is mostly due to the stereo install group. Now the minor dent on the side of the truck that was fun but I think I noted that one else where here about getting stuck in the snow in may on corral hallow.

Chromedragon

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stockton, CA
Member #

I realized I left out an important point on the Power Wagon. Those who know the truck will know this but the PW comes stock with lockers front and back all electrically actuated from the cab along with a sway bar disconnect up front also controlled from the cab.

Reactions: stoney126