2005 subaru outback 3.0

• HTML tutorial

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
front some fixing too, and making all good in trunk, new tools bags some stuff got away as no needed maybe. now more extra space. i even have some fire wood there for if i will want to make fire any time.

and my foldable stove works just great and has its own nice bag and its all ways in car with those foldable chairs and even some fire wood , so i could make fire anytime , still everyting is packed in trunk so good and plenty space still for bags and such and rear seats are allways free for extra passengers.

and thinking later maybe try some more extreme mud russian tires , they cheap buyt only comes in 16 size so i would need extra 4 rims in 16 size then too, then it doesnt comes so cheap though. will see , but those tires looks good

Last edited:

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
how to use traction control, when to use it when not use it and when use fixed gears, with right combination it goes pretty good , revs high give lot torque even if winter tires did not had much grip there

and how i got stuck and tried saving myself with hi lift jack but in the end all i need was little pull with long rope and straps combination from small car
but you could not do that with any other jack in those conditions still lift car so high in deep mud just worse stuff and it was cold

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
had made my roof rack for my 2001 outback and now i adapted it to 2005 with integrated roof rails. lifted so sun roof opens fully too
i like it long version too not like most people do like almost on half roof lenght , why ? use all roof that you can , its 1x1.80m

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
all country is in quarantine now for Corona virus as most europe but thats just perfect time to do some work alone in peace

so now proper front and rear ecovery points with custom made shackle adapters and shackles there, just in case i would need them. and it gives car more coller look i think

so i can use even that point for hi lift now in rear. or not use, but in any case i made cut in bumper too to have access in case i need to remove shackle from there

so its still looking stock shoping wagon but with 30cm clearance and still handles good on road with front anti sway bar still connected and works great.

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
so at time VDC and torque converter there can make very good results, like imitating low range there, not too much wheel spin , just enough it felt that car could move forward so it done all job, i was just flooring pedal down all time

or there

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
so 5cm lift is ok but what if try more. so i tried 7cm lift or 2,7' lift just on strut spacers and result . never seen anyone done that high lift just on strut spacers. Now testing it how it goes on high speeds , corners and such, alignment done.
now rear diff have over 12' ground clearance. front little less but over 11' still. its high now . really high. so high that im 186cm height just reaching to close rear gate when its full open. any smaller person couldnt reach it anymore.

for rear alignment need to make some longer link or just move hole more

or just buy adjustment links kit, but whats the point buying if i wanna do it myself and see.
so rear camber now is positive which is not bad being positive and there is no way to make it like zero camber or near zero, because top link is not let it do any adjustments there.

but for me with those large tires now it looks kinda proper, its in good look with those wheels at least. for smaller wheels 5cm lift looks fine there.
so in front i reached limit of how much it could drop down now, no way to make it more droping in front at least.

and in rear well to put there strut you need to compress spring and then try to compress strut as much as you can , just then you can like put that strut bottom bolt

whos not letting it drop more ? well cv axle, as you lift it wheel goes inside and as it goes inside that cv axle goes more and more pushed inside until it reaches its limits. so shorter cv axle in rear now would let it drop more. iv had those from some impreza model or similar on my 2001.

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
Rear mufflers delete, sounds much better

Later added end tube as well to make it look more oem

Rear hitch bike rack

Roof rack hi lift jack holder. Just 2 bolts fast and easy just its kinda high to put on and remove so not for weak hands

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania

red accents on sides roof rack are back.. its much easier this to find my car in large car parks too, black its just blends in more.

got extra unused bad rims , allways wanten to try to make this thing ..and it went pretty fast and good

Last edited:
Reactions: xc70az

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I admire your dedication to DIY. Amazing what you have done with so little.

Reactions: scalman

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
for me its best time and best feeling when you doing something DIY ,i mean if you have pretty good hands couple tools and dedication and imagination plus some ideas online you can make so much yourself and not buy most things there .

now some problems with gearbox direct clutch solenoid appeared , on errors too, change 5eat oil , still same, guess that solenoid is not working ok there , and subaru not have those solenoids as separate parts to seel for some reason, some ppl refurbish them and selling as that on places like aliexpress... not sure what to do here .. take that appart and see what wrong with that solenoid but i dont think i find lots there as its all regulated bu ECU anyway ... its not some on off thing that turning just off and on ..
plus i need to do valves i guess as well on engine .. as LPG burns more hotter there and with that valves need adjustments more quicker then just driving on petrol and on those engines its need to lift all engine up to get to valves... so lots work there and cost lot too...
so for now those 2 more complicate jobs awaits me in some future.

but again noone does 7cm lift spacers on those cars with just spacers.. all do 5cm and thats it .. then they go lifr on subframe... but i did on just struts and it goes .. and its daily driver , and i did lots kms via all summer allready .. still all holds well even with this extra lift .
just need some more grippy tires there not winter ones and test it properly then ..

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
firts time for this car i thought i want to put small 15 size rims in there and there some MT tired even .. i bought all used ones for try and will grind some on brake calipers next day to see if they can be cleared. because its 235/75R15 wheels newer cars have problem to clear those larger brakes there but i think i can clear them there still .. we will see

and hilift jack using all time for car lifting and any need to lift it .. my hilift jack is there... not perfect yeat, car can swing to side if its on not even terrain when lifted but i will work on that modification too later. still its very fast and no need go under car to lift in on street, you just cant do it with anything else there for this money at least.

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
winter fun , at last we got some snow, snow is like made for subaru, and then you can feel at least all that traction control work, just dont test it on roads, go away from city and try that on empty roads or fields on snow.

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
front bumper cut, front hi lift points , recovery points redone to be higher too, front washing fluid tank relocated as well, soon waiting for new tires, so for now small winter tires on, and we still have snow , but maybe its last week for snow i hope.

thats why that bumper cut can help a lot