Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gainesville, FL, USA
First Name
Gareth
Last Name
Dazey
Just finished my snorkel last week, along with Stubbs Welding sliders, pinch seam and Total Chaos BMC.
Putting rear axle snorkel on this weekend along with the inside rear window button and pop door release system
from JesseToedtman@gmail.com. After that will be ordering a Prinsu Rack or a Rocky Mountain Rack. Pretty much same rack, but Rocky's is $150 cheaper, although they don't use paypal.
4R pass side view.jpg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Just finished my snorkel last week, along with Stubbs Welding sliders, pinch seam and Total Chaos BMC.
Putting rear axle snorkel on this weekend along with the inside rear window button and pop door release system
from JesseToedtman@gmail.com. After that will be ordering a Prinsu Rack or a Rocky Mountain Rack. Pretty much same rack, but Rocky's is $150 cheaper, although they don't use paypal.
View attachment 87521
Nice. Now what's next on your rig build list?

Reactions: Earthdigger

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

View attachment 87521
Just looked at the Rocky Mountain rack. If you get the cross bars in black its $950. That's $50 more than I paid for my Prinsu.

Earthdigger

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gainesville, FL, USA
First Name
Gareth
Last Name
Dazey
Nice. Now what's next on your rig build list?
Pretty much this weekend I'lll be putting on the rear diff snorkel/breather tube extension and a rear window button that
allows me to lower the rear window in the back while I'm laying back there for ventilation instead of having to crawl to the
front and put the keys in the ignition.

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Nice 4Runner!

I really like that Rocky Mt. rack. Looks like it’s actually more expensive once you add black powder coating though (at least for my GX)

Prinsu (comes w/ black PC) - 914.99
Rock Mt. (w/ optional black PC) - 949.00

Earthdigger

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gainesville, FL, USA
First Name
Gareth
Last Name
Dazey
If I could get the Prinsu for $914 with shipping, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Really need to bite the bullet, because I need to put my kayaks up there.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

If I could get the Prinsu for $914 with shipping, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Really need to bite the bullet, because I need to put my kayaks up there.
Yeah wouldn't that be awesome. Funny thing is I ordered mine from Prinsu, not CBI. CBI wanted $169 for shipping. So I checked to see if the shipping would be more reasonable if I ordered from Prinsu directly. Prinsu only charged me $85 for shipping. All my contacts and confirmation came from CBI though. I know CBI recently bought Prinsu. I see that Prinsu now wants the same $169 for shipping so I'm officially confused now...

Zeak

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Garden City
Member #

View attachment 87521
Looking pretty sweet.

Earthdigger

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gainesville, FL, USA
First Name
Gareth
Last Name
Dazey
Yeah wouldn't that be awesome. Funny thing is I ordered mine from Prinsu, not CBI. CBI wanted $169 for shipping. So I checked to see if the shipping would be more reasonable if I ordered from Prinsu directly. Prinsu only charged me $85 for shipping. All my contacts and confirmation came from CBI though. I know CBI recently bought Prinsu. I see that Prinsu now wants the same $169 for shipping so I'm officially confused now...
Yeah its 180 on the CBI site. But I really want the Rocky Mountain one, because I can paint it whatever color I want and not just have the generic black powder coat. And if I scratch them its easier to just rattle can them back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arailt