2004 Land Rover Discovery adventure build

• HTML tutorial

CZHipster

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

South West Florida
Member #

I like seeing all the enthusiasm for these discos here. Great trucks! I'm a bit sad as I have just developed some cylinder liner slap in cylinder #2. I plan to drive it till it dies and then replace the motor, but still not something I wanted to see! Otherwise I really enjoy servicing and driving my disco more than anything else in own. Keep the pics coming!IMG_20181126_152231.jpeg

Reactions: Andy Allen

CatPowerDude

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord, NC
Member #

View attachment 79676View attachment 79677View attachment 79678

Went out in the snow a while back and played, I’m constantly impressed at how sure footed these D2’s are!
Yeah I went out in it too, drove from concord to Lenoir, then to Asheville, our to Brevard, back to Asheville to spend the night, then up to blowing rock the next morning, then back home. Ran into about 12-14” in Brevard and about 2-3’ in blowing rock. Had a blast, and never once got close to being stuck. The rover just kinda goes..IMG_0248.jpeg

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Good to see other people enjoying their Discoverys. They are great off road vehicles. I am always impressed by the drivetrain. Too bad LR messed up with the motor trying to meet US emission standards.

Here is my G4. I put a top hat motor in it about three years ago. The water temperature gauges are terrible in the Discovery, make sure you run an Ultraguage or something similar.IMG_1194.JPG

vwauditech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCarley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFX362
Good to see other people enjoying their Discoverys. They are great off road vehicles. I am always impressed by the drivetrain. Too bad LR messed up with the motor trying to meet US emission standards.

Here is my G4. I put a top hat motor in it about three years ago. The water temperature gauges are terrible in the Discovery, make sure you run an Ultraguage or something similar.View attachment 80233
Second that on the Ultragauge! Also run a soft spring 180°F thermostat to keep things under 190°

Reactions: Jimmy Schantz

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Nope, stock everything. I need some OME HD shocks though. 265’s equate to about a 32” tire
Glad to see you got away with 32” tires. This week I am replacing my 29”s (18” wheels) and the Toyo only offers 30” or 32” in the AT3. I am a bit worried about towing my boat with the taller tires.

Andy Allen

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Asheville
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Glad to see you got away with 32” tires. This week I am replacing my 29”s (18” wheels) and the Toyo only offers 30” or 32” in the AT3. I am a bit worried about towing my boat with the taller tires.
I had 265/65-18’s before the 16” wheels. And had no rubbing during hard flexing. It did rub at full lock, however.