• HTML tutorial

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

even just using the fog lights i have on my winch mount (small pods below the bumper) you cannot tell much of the actual headlight beam.

I replaced my 50" bar with a 40" bar so i could get more distance on the light. It has a 5 degree beam vs a combo 30/60 degree on the 50". I replaced the piaa's up top with a 32" just to cut down on power useage

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Well, i took a short trip up north to Traverse City last week so i wasn't on here much.. Here are some pics of the trip. Went to see the Grand Travers Lighthouse and hit a few trails in the Manistee National Forest on the drive back.

This pic was on the way to the Lighthouse, before i found the sand/mud combo..

At the lighthouse:

Reactions: Desert Nomad

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

There were some spots on the trail i would have loved top get pictures of but honestly, i would have gotten stuck had i stopped...it was a sandy, muddy mess...

On the drive home, about 200 miles out from home i heard a pop.....great.
Upon further inspection i notice both the lower mounting studs on my shock broke. So i drove 200 miles home with an obnoxious rattle from the shock. I am very glad i ordered Bilstein 5100s last week.
The new shocks and upper/lower control arms will be installed Thursday.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

The parts are stacking up as the "Wrenching day" approaches.

Upper and lower control arms for the front.

Bilstein 5100's

And....the tools. That turned out to be an expensive Harbor Freight tool run.

Reactions: Desert Nomad

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

OK, the upper and lower control arms on the front of the Jeep are done, wow...the upper control arm bushings that are pressed into the Dana 30 are horrid to get out. Ended up removing shocks, coil springs, sway bar links and still barley had room to get a ball joint press into there to press out the old bushings. Then, bent the ball joint press so out came the chisels, drills and hammer. But, finally got them out and new ones in. Then installed the Bilstein 5100's front and back. Took it for a 100 mile test drive yesterday when I was done. It is a night and day difference now. It feels so tight and rides super smooth since the new shocks. Very happy i did this! Will be doing the rear control arms soon, luckily there are no press in bushings, just swap out arms and go.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Running this fuel I gain on average 3mpg... and it performs so much better.. I think I'm going to run this fuel exclusively from now on. In Indiana most our fuel is 10-13% Ethanol and makes for horrible throttle response and fuel economy. Found Ethanol free fuel...Love it!

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Well, this should be fun... General Service time for the Jeep. Plugs, oil change, transfer case fluid change, front rotors and pads.

Side note; the Fram oil filter pictured will NOT be used. Further research shows the Fram filters to be junk. I will be using a Mobil One filter.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Little update, serviced the T-Case (NV 247, that special Mopar fluid is not cheap)... Also, replaced both front rotors and new pads. I have developed a small tick noise while i am slowing down, it is driving me nuts. I think it may be the U-Joint on front drive shaft or maybe my CV on the front drivers side.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Just some updated pics from the drive to family Thanksgiving yesterday.. Found some fun dirt/gravel back roads.
20151126_195708.jpg

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Nice rig ya got here!
As for your issues with your leds snuffing out your halogens why not upgrade to led headlight bulbs? I've ran em on my past three rigs and won't run anything else. They are kinda pricey for the good ones tho. (About 150-200 per set) but worth every penny. When the weather clears up here I'll post some night time pics of em in my build thread.

Reactions: Overland-Indiana