Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sams Valley, Or
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Tynan
Member #

The plan to move to Arkansas have been postponed.

So I took the plunge... decided to regear my 4runner to 4.88 and add Detroit Truetrac in front and Yukon grizzly locker in the back. The 15th my 4runner will be sitting on jack stands for 2-3 weeks.

Attachments

Reactions: Salty4Life

Crayoneater

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sams Valley, Or
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Tynan
Member #

It has been awhile since I have posted anything on here.

As for my 4runner it is currently down, I'm in the process of replacing a cracked flexplate on top of the rear main seal and pump seal on the transmission side. Made sure to do some cleaning while I'm waiting for parts.

Soon after I get the transmission in I have to replace my wheel bearings.

And just because a picture of the sunset from a few days ago.

Attachments

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

How did the regear job go? How are you liking driving with that rear locker, and the true trac? Who did you order parts from?

Bluesman

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
Member #

Nice job! You obviously have some skills. I had to dig deep to get my 01 where I wanted it because I am mechanically challenged.

Crayoneater

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sams Valley, Or
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Tynan
Member #

How did the regear job go? How are you liking driving with that rear locker, and the true trac? Who did you order parts from?
I went through East Coast Gear Supply, I pulled my differentials out and sent over to them to set up the differentials. The removal of the rear diff was a breeze, the front was a bit more involved especially having to wrestle the diff out by my self. Driving with the locker dose take some getting used to but its not bad. As for the truetrac I have used it on my dirt driveway, the steering it noticeably heavier.

Crayoneater

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sams Valley, Or
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Tynan
Member #

Nice job! You obviously have some skills. I had to dig deep to get my 01 where I wanted it because I am mechanically challenged.
I Started helping my dad work on his truck when I really young. My first viehcle was a 1960 Chevy truck, every time I drove it was like an episode of Roadkill (best truck ever).

I was a KC-130J mechanic when I was in the Marines and most Marines I worked with were afraid to work on their own viehcle but had no problem working on a plane. I had one guy asked if I would replace the steering rack in his Chrysler 300. I made him help.

Enough with me rambling on. Time, patience, and a reputable source if information you could do anything.