Rank I

Traveler I

Lebanon, Tennessee 37087, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

March will be the first full year owning this 2001 GMC Yukon. When I bought it for $2500 I already had the idea of making it my overlander rig. It had 265k on it. I took the side trim off, then added a radar detector, a Uniden Bearcat 980ssb CB, then switched out the back cigarette lighter plug with a two USB fast chargers and cigarette lighter plug combo. I then put on a 6.5in 183H BDS lift with fox shocks and double steering stabilizers along with all new tierod, ball joint, cv shafts and power stop break upgrade kit. the wheels and tires are 16in MB razors and Nitto Ridge Grapplers 33in. I relocated the starter battery to the passenger side corner by the firewall. The battery cables setup I used was the same cables you order for a 2007 model. (I also own a 2007 that's how I knew what too do). Right now I'm getting the pieces together to install the redarc 1225 dc/dc charger with a lithium battery in the original starter battery location. Then I'm going to make a base in the back to mount my CFX3 75dz and a drawer system. There is next to nothing off the shelf for my rig witch means alot of custom work. As I go with this slow but getting there build, I will keep this tread updated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
What did you end up doing with your spare tire? I haven’t noticed any bootie shots of your burb.