Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hey guys, here is a short film i made about a 2 days trip i organized for friends vintage Land Rover enthusiasts in south west France. We ended the trip in a forgotten military field so if you see this pink machine in the sand, it is an old french army tank abandoned in the forest that was sprayed in pink by (you choose) artists/punks. My serie is the mustard 109 with white desert roof. :blush:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Angus,

That would be a great tour for july or august.
Would you mind making an event of it? Not sure were it is, but if I can drive distance that in an evening, I would come for sure.
So Friday arriving on a camp/bivouac, saturday and sunday the drive. Sunday or monday going back home.
Would be great.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: 76_overlander

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

It would be awesome but it would take you 15 hours of non stop highway to get here, so 30 hours + breaks might be a bit long for a week-end :/ This lame* little trip happened in the Landes area, south west France.

*lame is based on my personal appreciation of statistics : 18 people have read the post. I assume 100% of them are european (who else who read here) so there won't be many more in the end. And only you were kind enough to give it a thumb up. That makes 5% of the audience = my video is lame haha :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

No it isnt. I like it.
So, we need to have a 4 day weekend. Driving of on thursday evening, so we arrive around noon at the first campsite.
Then we have a great time on the Friday afternoon and evening. Doing the trips on saturday and sunday.
Then taking of on monday early around nine, and be home somewhere around midnight.
Sounds like a plan.

I think @ALNSM_Overland/Jordan, @Chris.n.world, would join as well. Maybe more.

What is the starting point of the tour and the end?

Reactions: 76_overlander

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

We would not do this loop : Landes are very flat. If i am to plan something for you guys, i would welcome you in bask country so you can have the view of the atlantic ocean from the top of some mountains and we could also go to Spain. That would be wonderful.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

We are going to Spain in may, and maybe to Portugal in september, not sure about that, as we had a plan coming up with the Matterhorn in it.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Well Spain is already agreed in the southwest forum and i will defo meet you in Saint Jean Pied de Port and do my best to go to the desert of Bardenas with you. Regarding Le Cervin, i’d do all the efforts it takes to meet you there