Cottage Grove, Oregon
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
You come up here to cottage Grove Oregon and you’ll find every part you need for the 4x4 conversion. I sourced half My parts living in San Diego and the rest once I moved up here.

every few months these Guatemalans drive up here caravanning taking as many Toyota parts south to Mexico and Guatemala. It’s a crazy site, seeing their trucks all in tow full of parts.

Reactions: Kwikvette

Kwikvette

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central CA
First Name
Nelson
Last Name
Montero
I did a thing...

20200129_174608.jpg

Warn winch will go on after I figure out my supporting mods such as the big 3 and battery.

Kwikvette

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central CA
First Name
Nelson
Last Name
Montero
This truck wouldn't be fun if it didn't have a lift so when the opportunity for a group buy popped up, I took a chance on it!

Purchased Fox 2.5 coil over fronts and Fox 2.0 rears. For the remainder of the rear, I went with OME Dakar leaf springs, Wheeler's Super Bump stops, u bolt kit, and other odds and ends.

View attachment 111852
And just like that, I'm already going to replace my Fox 2.5

20200228_210902.jpg

In a half drunk stupor, I was back and forth between getting my Fox shocks converted to extended travel (by means of replacing a bushing) but instead I bought a new set of King 2.5 coilovers.

Kwikvette

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central CA
First Name
Nelson
Last Name
Montero
Since COVID had hit recently, and a lot of areas have been closed, I decided to move onto a different vehicle and start over.

Still have the Tacoma, but I will be building up a 3rd Gen 4Runner.

Parts are already ordered for it so far -

20200804_132741.jpg

20200804_133639.jpg

On order I have RESZ Fabrication lower links with poly bushings coming in, as well as Metal Tech adjustable upper links with Johnny Joints on one end.

I'll still have to order the panhard bar correction kit, an adjustable panhard bar, and OME 906 rear springs.

Fair to say, the Tacoma build is done.

DrivinBettyWhite

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cottage Grove, Oregon
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
I did a thing...

View attachment 137774

Warn winch will go on after I figure out my supporting mods such as the big 3 and battery.
Tacomas are only 80A alternators, but there’s a 105A plug and play alternator you can get if you really want to make the best of the big3. the alternator is meant for a Vitara. It’s helped a lot with my big 3 winch, lights, compressor, inverter...

id like to know how you like those king shocks, I’ve got my truck setup but I need to start building up my wife’s 3rd gen runner.

Kwikvette

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central CA
First Name
Nelson
Last Name
Montero
Tacomas are only 80A alternators, but there’s a 105A plug and play alternator you can get if you really want to make the best of the big3. the alternator is meant for a Vitara. It’s helped a lot with my big 3 winch, lights, compressor, inverter...

id like to know how you like those king shocks, I’ve got my truck setup but I need to start building up my wife’s 3rd gen runner.
I'll post a new thread on the 4R build once it gets started and tag you.

I'll be going without a winch on the 4R but I did buy a Harrop E locker for the front a few days ago.

Also ordered Durobump stops so it's going to get a lot done right away.

Reactions: DrivinBettyWhite