Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

About to pick up this bad boy today! Wondering if any of you guys have Range experience and might be able to give me some clues on what specifically to look for?! This will be the new overlanding rig, so want to make sure everything is fine! Look forward to hearing back!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: GXAndy

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Lots of possibilities with that rig, congrats!
Thanks! Found it with only 138k on it, some 18 year old kid had it and didn't know what he had. I think I Lucked out!

So far I've already fixed the AC, blowing ice cold now, and replaced all of the interior map lights. Under the hood I noticed the entire Air Suspension Control module is missing, so I ordered a pre owned one for $60 from eBay, just to see if the system is in working order. Plan on taking off the OE steps and replacing them with some nice rock sliders in the upcoming weeks. Also want to get some new all terrains for her and a nice rack. Any suggestions would be awesome as I'm completely new to the Overland lifestyle and could use whatever pointers the vets can share!!!

Reactions: GXAndy

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Nice looking Rig are you looking to do a 2" lift.
Yea we're going to lift her and possibly do a nice King Coil over setup, (eventually...) tho I have seen many people that say to remove the Air Suspension setup that's on them stock, is mutilating the rig, and will make it ride like crap....guess it's up for debate and I'll find out my preference eventually lol

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Join landroverforums.com (free) look for a guy, Abram. He is the greatest source for used parts and helpful advice. PM me if you have trouble finding him.

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Join landroverforums.com (free) look for a guy, Abram. He is the greatest source for used parts and helpful advice. PM me if you have trouble finding him.

I will DEF look into it!! I'm currently missing the EAS control module. Ebay says $103 new... anyone have any info on problem I'll have replacing this/re-enabling the EAS systems?

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

...interesting. I'd be interested in learning how to make this happen. Turbocharged Direct Injection, google didnt explain in noob terms! Lol. New here, any info is much appreciated!!!

There are so many ways to make it happen in old rovers. You can do it with all Land Rover parts or use a Mercedes motor. The possibilities are only limited by imagination, time, and $$$$$. Google search, rover tdi swap. You will hate me for poisoning your brain with all this. Such cool looking rigs.

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

There are so many ways to make it happen in old rovers. You can do it with all Land Rover parts or use a Mercedes motor. The possibilities are only limited by imagination, time, and $$$$$. Google search, rover tdi swap. You will hate me for poisoning your brain with all this. Such cool looking rigs.
Sh** JUST got real. Omg....