1997 Land Cruiser Atlanta to Alaska

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Probably should have started this thread sooner but I've been insanely busy getting everything planned for this trip so here is a little teaser post, I hope to come back and take the time to fill in the gaps.
For now I'll hit you with the basics.

Me my Wife and boxer pup are taking a 30 day road trip/overlanding trip from Atlanta Ga to Deadhorse Alaska in our 80 series Land Cruiser. I've been preping for the trip since around March when I bought the Land Cruiser. This trip marks a new leaf in our lives for a few reasons, my Wife is not renewing her contract at her current employer so she can pursue other means, we're celebrating 5 years of marriage and 11 years of dating, and to see the state in which my mother was born and grandparents were stationed in the army. I grew up hearing amazing stories from them about living and serving in Alaska so I've always had a wanderlust affection towards the final frontier.

Anyway....I said long story short so I'll keep it simple and sweet for now. We've partnered with some amazing brands who really invest in this broader community we call overlanding so along the way I'll be sure to mention these brands and some of the products we are installing on our rig. For now I'll leave you with a few teaser pictures and be sure to fill in the gaps as well as inform you of our upcoming blog, YouTube channel, and other means of keeping up to date with us on this incredible journey we will soon embark on. For now I'll leave you with a few pictures and our embarkation date, June 9! We're excited to share our rig buildout and story with you guys stay tuned.

You can follow me on Instagram @brandonturner

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Young Satchel

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Awesome! Look forward to following along.

Did 5 weeks traveling solo in Alaska when I was in my mid-20s. No vehicle of my own at the time, all ferries, trains, and hitch hiking. It was an amazing trip and I'm still itching to get back there 7 years later.

With or without a vehicle the ferry system and the Alaska Marine Highway are amazing resources. Will you be mostly inland or doing some coastal exploring as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

We finally arrived in Ak. We're currently in Seward. We should have internet tonight so I'll try to do some catching up on this "build" post but also direct you to another thread not pertaining to this vehicle but more the adventure.
Teaser pic....
Looking forward to updates! Question: Where did you get that map sticker of North America?

JusticeZ33

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

GL on this adventure...looking forward to your trip details as I was thinking of a similar trip.

How did you get sponsors? Was it simple cold calling? How did you sell it to them?

Contributor I

Sorry to fall off the map with this, no pun intended. We've been in locations where LTE is non existent and we're been putting in the miles. We're currently in south Oregon cruising the 101. I swear I'll eventually get around to creating an actual build thread as well as a trip thread. Until then the best way to keep up with the trip is Instagram @brandonturner or the blog mentioned above.

And a picture...cause let's be honest that's our favorite part about forums...the eye candy.

Young Satchel

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sorry to fall off the map with this, no pun intended. We've been in locations where LTE is non existent and we're been putting in the miles. We're currently in south Oregon cruising the 101. I swear I'll eventually get around to creating an actual build thread as well as a trip thread. Until then the best way to keep up with the trip is Instagram @brandonturner or the blog mentioned above.

And a picture...cause let's be honest that's our favorite part about forums...the eye candy.
Followed along on the gram. Looks like y'all are having a hell of a time!