Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Just finished the front end build on my 96 LX450---Details:
--Shipped front diff to east coast gears for new gears, output and Harrop E Locker install
--Installed new U Joints front drive shaft
-- Complete front axle rebuild with Low Range 4X4 axle rebuild kit
--Trail Gear Chromoly Front Axles and Birfs
--Harrop E Locker (front)
--Cruisin Offroad Tranny and Xfer Case skid plates
--Marlin Tie Rod/Drag link kit with Tie Rods
--OME Steering Dampener
--Marlin Gear Reduction Gears for xfer case
--Spartan Locker installed in Rear Diff
--Avid Offroad Rear Bumper with dual Swingouts ordered to complete the build
--ARB front bumper
--Warn 10k Winchlexus axles in.JPGlexus axles.JPGlexus bare birf.JPGlexus birf seal.JPGlexus diff 2.JPGlexus diff.JPGlexus front 2.JPGlexus front tie rod.JPGlexus front.JPG

Once the AVID OffRoad bumper arrives and is installed she should be complete--Triple Locked and ready for some rock crawlin and overland adventure
--Debating on RTT....should I or should I not??

Attachments

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

After spending the summer in Colorado I brought FAT AMY back home to start the next round of mods to get her ready for Moab in March and April, then she will be driven back over to Colorado for the summer months. After last summers experience and getting some ideas on what I needed/want to make overlanding a little better experience I have decided on the following mods: Regear to 488's, Metal Tech 2 inch steel spacers in the frong, new bushings all around for the sway bars, rear drawer system (Not sure if I am going to build homemade, the Dobinson Drawer system or recently the Quick Pitch Mini Kitchen has caught my eye (does anyone have any reviews on this?)) , Delta VS rear bump stop extensions, Delta VS rear panhard bracket, DELTA VS attic brackets and storage rack, new charcoal canister and a couple other things that I will figure out once I get more into the breakdown. Any input would be greatly appreciatedView attachment 136179View attachment 136180View attachment 136181

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

I found a great hack in YouTube to remove grease from the undercarriage. I blew a seal and spewed grease all over the undercarriage and used easy off oven cleaner to break it down. Worked great. IMG_1233.JPGIMG_1235.JPGIMG_1236.JPG