Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Stupid dimwitted me, I didn't even realize this thread existed until recently. So, here goes::
Slee short bus front bumper, Slee rear bumper and tire rack, and Slee sliders.
Shocks:
front OME 60070L sport shock (or TJM 650GBL120)
rear OME 60071L sport shock (or TJM650GBL220)
Springs front OME 850 “J” rear OME 864
front axle rebuild at 203,000
new front pads then at 248, not needed, but I like to swap in new ones at about 2/3rd wear or just before a long expedition.
New rear rotors, e-brake shoes, and pads at 238,000
Slee 3 degree castor bushings
New tie rod and ends
All new rubber throughout vehicle at 203,000 miles, including door seals, hood seals, breather hoses, etc etc.
Bypass kit for the PHH
Removed rear heater lines
Magnaflo Cats #51205.
New Denso A/C
New Radiator
New power steering pump
BFG AT KO "E" 285/75/16 (5 each)
Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500 SR ( viking winch line with viking thimble )
LED Door lamps: 194
LED Dome de3175
KC Fog Beams
800 watt power inverter
Dual battery tray and relocation Kit (Slee)
Dual Batteries,, Duralast Platinum AGM (34r)
Blue Sea 6 bank fuse block
Engel MD 14
TSL Plate and slide lock
Frontrunner Slimline II full rack
Frontrunner Awning
Frontrunner propane tank mount
150 watt solar panel
Pair of TREDS 4wd recovery boards
Shovel and mounts
Hi-lift
New paint job ( body-Quicksand / cladding- rustoleum rattlecan "espresso" ) and minor body work
Weathertech floor mats
Kenwood stereo with all new speakers with 300 watt powered subwoofer
Home made drawer system
Front seats re-upholstered in matching leather
What does it need?

I'm debating on whether to drop the trans and install a new rear main seal.
I'm debating whether to replace TCC gasket and front crank seal.
I'm debating whether to add a snorkle.

I have done, and will continue to do, all my own mechanical work.

Painting the body, body work, and upholstery I leave to the pros. I did paint the cladding myself with my wife's help. She has also assisted with all other mechanical work as well and doesn't mind getting into it, up on a stepladder and down into the engine bay, or down on the floor and underneath... How cool is it to have a gal you can take to a formal, take to the outback and live in a tent for weeks on end, and take to the carriage house to work on our rig?
I may have forgotten something as I copied this from by own build list, but deleted the itemized cost of everything. Of course, I neglected to mention a lot of regular maintenance items.

Here is the Diehlmobile parked in front of a clients house.
IMG_3099.jpg

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
How much does your rear main seal leak? Enough to drip on the ground when parked for a while? I had a pan arch seal leak, pretty mild but changed my oil to a thicker 10-30 High and it's all dry under there now. What engine oil do you run? Seems like you got it pretty dialed!

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Thank you, and yes, sometimes there is a drop or two on the ground. Between the front & rear main seals and the tc cover gasket, right around a quart every thousand miles, depending on how I work the engine.. I've been using 15 w 40 for quite some time.

N

Noah Celeski

i have a 100 series and looking for a lift kit. anyone know where i can find one without spending a ton

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Contact Kurt @ Cruiseroutfitters direct. They market the Old Man Emu kits and they don't cost a ton. However, they don't like, nor should they be reffered to as "lift" kts. The OME is a suspension that happens to give your vehicle a couple more inches in stature. ( LOL ) good luck

Texas Cruiser

Rank II

Enthusiast I

The Woodlands, TX, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Kimball
Member #

Nice rig. I just bought a ‘97 LX450 that is triple locked from the factory too. Bought it from a friend that had set it up for rock crawling. It’s got some decent armor - ARB up front with Hanna sliders and a Hanna rear bumper. It’s got a 2.5 OME suspension with 35s so it’s got pretty good clearance. It’s been out of action for a good while since developing a rod knock. He was planning a rebuild but his priorities and needs have changed. I’m currently weighing my options on the engine situation - either a complete rebuild of the original engine or a LS swap.