• HTML tutorial

TheDistanceBetween

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Scottsboro, Alabama
Member #

20170612_190522.jpg
I've came into possession of a broke down Land Cruiser. I've decided to make a rig out of it though so a new motor is soon on the way!

If any LC owners out there have any advice or pointers on this build feel free to give advice anywhere along the way, will be much appreciated

never stop exploring

TheDistanceBetween

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Scottsboro, Alabama
Member #

Currently on the lookout for an OEM shifter assembly, some new mirrors, OEM antenna assembly or some alternative antenna minus the automated motor.

never stop exploring

TheDistanceBetween

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Scottsboro, Alabama
Member #

The new-to-me motor is now in, and a few weeks I pulled out all the carpet and sound damping. The vehicle has a leak somewhere resulting in water in the passanger floor board which smelled terrible. After I got the carpet up it was evident that the leak has been there a while, plenty of surface rust and the sound damping was deteriorated

The plan is to raptor line the interior (black) and exterior (not sure what color yet), does anyone here have any experience with tinted or body color bed liners?

never stop exploring

Reactions: Jimmy P and gtomike

gtomike

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Milford,MA
Member #

That's going to make a nice Overlander for sure.
As far as the water leak,if it has a sunroof,check and clear the drain lines.
Also check the drain for the heater box assembly.It will sometimes get clogged with debris over the years,especially if parked under,or near trees for extended periods.

TheDistanceBetween

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Scottsboro, Alabama
Member #

That's going to make a nice Overlander for sure.
As far as the water leak,if it has a sunroof,check and clear the drain lines.
Also check the drain for the heater box assembly.It will sometimes get clogged with debris over the years,especially if parked under,or near trees for extended periods.
I suspect the sunroof will be the culprit, I hate sunroofs but it's just something you have to deal with in an 80. I don't think they made a model without one. It's going to be a lot of work but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!

never stop exploring

Reactions: gtomike