FOR SALE 1989 Range Rover Classic, 2-door, 5-speed, V8

• HTML tutorial

Paul Misencik

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I'm reluctantly selling my 1989 Range Rover Classic. A veteran of the 2015 Maroc Challenge (a 3000km off road rally through Morocco) and my daily driver for some time now.

It's a rare-in-the-USA 1989 Land Rover Range Rover Classic, 2-door, with 5-speed manual transmission and 3.5L EFI petrol V8.

The rig is in Richmond, VA right now, and is a recent and 100% legal import from Spain. It has a clear Virginia title, a fresh Virginia state safety inspection, and all relevant DOT, EPA and Customs/Border Patrol clearances.

101,250 original miles, two owners from new (including me). Totally rust free. 3.5L fuel injected V8 gasoline engine and 5-speed manual transmission with viscous center differential. Fresh Orient Red paint over tan cloth. Backdated with early style vertical grille and new lights.

Air conditioning blows cold and doesn't leak.

Major reconditioning completed less than 3000 miles ago, including:

- New TerraFirma dampers, OE "police package" springs (stock ride height), new ball joints, suspension bushings, tie rod ends, steering arms, and more.

- New front and rear brake pads, rotors and sensors.

- All new fluids, including transfer case, differentials and gearbox. New spark plugs, wires, and injector wiring.

- New muffler.

- Fitted with dual batteries with cockpit cutoff for the auxiliary battery. Five power ports. 20L jerry can mounted in rear hatch. JVC all-digital head unit with USB, bluetooth, and hands-free microphone.

This is a wonderful, rust-free driver that is reliable and quick, with the look of an early example and the driving dynamics of a later one. Paint and body are stunning. The suspension and brakes are all new, everything works as it should (even the clock). It has a few nods to overlanding use that come in handy if you plan to use it off road, but won't spoil it on the highway.

Needs nothing. Comes with some spares. (ECU, throttle position sensor, cold start injector, etc.)

$16,900 or nearest offer. Email me at paulmisencik@gmail.com for as many photos as you can handle. :)

Thanks, all!

Reactions: SLO Rob

Paul Misencik

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Love this thing...How was the race?!
Sorry for the delay in response, and thanks for the kind words!

The Maroc Challenge was wonderful. Really, really eye opening for me, having never really done anything like that before. Much tougher than I expected. Much longer days, much less coddling by the organizers. Being used to a more American style of event, I was expecting more hand-holding, more little luxuries, and a more relaxed atmosphere. Instead, we were up early, half the time skipping breakfast, pushing hard ALL DAY through some of the most difficult terrain I have ever driven on, shoveling power bars in our mouths for lunch, and then when the stages were finally over for the day, we'd spend hours working on the car to make sure it was ready for the next day. Checking everything, cleaning, changing air filters, refueling, repacking...

Four vehicles rolled over during the event, three badly enough as to be written off entirely, and one badly enough to send both drivers to the hospital. But we got through pretty unscathed. A couple punctures, we ran out of fuel a couple times, and we had one problem with the ignition switch. Other than that, the old RRC really took to the event, and I was so proud of this truck.

I honestly can't recommend the Maroc Challenge enough. It is life changing. If any of you have even the smallest inclination to go, let me know, because it is inexpensive and very accessible to Americans. The organizers have rental Nissan Patrols, so you can just fly in, run the rally, and fly back home again...

Here is a little blurb I wrote about the experience: http://www.valenciaclassicvehicles.com/stories/2015/12/18/i4icm96odgzmwxrckwgv1aascug2fm

Best,

Reactions: Steve and SLO Rob