1985 Blazer Build

• HTML tutorial

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Great build, nice work and attention to details!

Little insight to bumper fitment I learned while working at TJM. Chassis twist and body deflection on the chassis will make the bumper to body gaps change up to 1" on some vehicles. On the 2016 Super Duty and the 2015 Ram HD bumpers we did the gaps both changed over 3/4" when we fully compressed one front wheel suspension with the other wheel fully dropped out.

I bring this up as your end gaps on the front bumper are pretty small, tight. It looks great but you might bend your fenders when off road.

85Blazer-Keat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, ca
Member #

Great build, nice work and attention to details!

Little insight to bumper fitment I learned while working at TJM. Chassis twist and body deflection on the chassis will make the bumper to body gaps change up to 1" on some vehicles. On the 2016 Super Duty and the 2015 Ram HD bumpers we did the gaps both changed over 3/4" when we fully compressed one front wheel suspension with the other wheel fully dropped out.

I bring this up as your end gaps on the front bumper are pretty small, tight. It looks great but you might bend your fenders when off road.
Thanks man!!! Ya I debated bringing it in that tight for that exact reason. But I decided I wanted it to look clean, and the fender is chopped inside so just the skin would literally push out of the way and flex back. I had the truck completely flexed out, fully stuffed and drooped on opposite corners and it still didn't touch surprisingly, I couldn't even open my doors the body was so twisted lol. So I'm glad I kept it tight And even if it did hit I like a little character in my vehicles haha

85Blazer-Keat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, ca
Member #

6C4B8ADD-4ED5-46AB-A287-7EAFD5FDB9DE.jpg So I replaced all the broken and missing parts and got my Ac working a few weeks ago. But I had the center vent just taped off because my cd deck was in the way. So I moved my cd deck onto my dash( not the best looking but ok) and went to the junk yard to source the vent trim for the dash and properly installed all my AC vents. Perfect timing as it's been hot here!!! Nice cool air blowing in the direction where I want it to lol

85Blazer-Keat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, ca
Member #

IMG_2562.JPG Previous owner wrapped a rub spot on the positive starter cable with electrical tape.... it rubbed right through again obviously. Noticed it while working on the truck when I bumped it, and it arched. New cable and proper routing to go in tomorrow.

RacnStev

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Estes Park, Co
Member #

Awesome k5, I too have been debating getting rid of the ol 80 series Land Cruiser in favor of a k5. Had one years ago and loved it. I love how wide and roomie they feel inside. Plus there is room for my long ass legs.
Great work

MikeG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Springville, Utah
Member #

Awesome Blazer! I'm a Bronco Guy personally but seeing your blazer makes me want to consider Looking for one for my next build. Great thread!