Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, California
First Name
David
Last Name
Munoz
Member #

Hey guys, I sold my Jeep TJ so thought I'd share my new project. I attached photos of how it looked when I purchased it, and how it currently sits.

So far I have

-Rebuilt front knuckles
-Replaced the brakes
-Oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, side engine gasket, and differential cover gaskets
-New thermostat, belts, oil pressure sending unit, clutch, and some 31inch BFG tires, Frontrunner roof rack, ARB bumper.

The next step is cleaning up/restoring the interior and installing an OME lift.

Let me know if you'd like to see more photos of the restoration! IMG_3222.JPGIMG_3221.JPG

Last edited:

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
Man thag thing looks beautiful. I long for an 80 series someday myself, but your 60 is exceptional. Nice to see people getting it right and starting on the inside and working their way out instead of vise versa.

Reactions: David Munoz

JCruise

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cottonwood Heights, UT
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Dude, sick rig! I ultimately decided on getting an 80 series, but I prefer the classic look of the 60 series especially once they are lifted.

David Munoz

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, California
First Name
David
Last Name
Munoz
Member #

Dude, sick rig! I ultimately decided on getting an 80 series, but I prefer the classic look of the 60 series especially once they are lifted.
Thanks! Congrats on your new rig. You can’t go wrong with an 80 series! You should start a build thread

JCruise

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cottonwood Heights, UT
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

I am super jealous. I wanted a 60 so bad, but could not find one that was in my price range that didn't need a ton of work to make it ready for daily driver duties. I settled on an 80, but it's just not the same.