Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Found this Off Roading Training Video and I thought it would be helpful for new drivers to Overlanding.
This is a two part video with a total time of about 25 min. The video is from the 80's but the techniques are sound. @administrator not sure if this should go here in General Discussions or Trail Q&A.

Hi @Mike G I think we should toss it into Trail Q&A!

Cpl J

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke7cqw
Found this Off Roading Training Video and I thought it would be helpful for new drivers to Overlanding.
This is a two part video with a total time of about 25 min. The video is from the 80's but the techniques are sound. @administrator not sure if this should go here in General Discussions or Trail Q&A.

That is good info dig the music..lol

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army

Thank you for that! loved these videos, the 80's music and proper speech was super enjoyable, those Aussies are awesome. Sound techniques, some things don't change, picked up an idea or two.

ManWithJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New York
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Aaa
Member #

That's awesome. My father did the Baja Peninsula and a bunch of other traveling in a Land Cruiser back in the 70's. He'll get a kick out of this!

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Having started off road driving in a 73 CJ 5 I find those old FJ40's amazing in the simplicity cars used to be. I miss that many times.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Pin it in a recovery thread also? So it is more easily found?

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Pin it in a recovery thread also? So it is more easily found?
Agreed, this is a good basic 2 part video, that will help all newcomers, and a needed reminder to the rest of us.

You have to love that WARN 8274 winch in a couple of shots. Also how many caught those old school 'split rims' on the FJ?

The advances in trail recovery was telling. No traction boards, angled OEM Jack against a hub, no line dampner, but they did mention being careful around it. And not a Hi LYFT jack to be seen[emoji2] You use what you brought.

Reactions: Mike G