Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rochester Indiana
First Name
Derick
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

Well after being moved into our new house a week we finally got the FJ home. My son is 12 now and the FJ bug has finally bit him. Excuse the disorganized garage. Have many boxes of OEM parts in the wait for it. So let the games begin. Oh yeah and my wife is extremely pissed about it already. Wish us luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Great project! Very jealous. Look forward to seeing the build.

weva09con

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rochester Indiana
First Name
Derick
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

I love seeing the boy with a shop vac in his hand then his phone. Progression is slow but it progression. Lol. The mouse piss headliner is out and 1000 hickory nuts have been removed. The next project aka The 85 4Runner was put in dry storage until its turn. Hopefully we will have the FJ interior removed after this weekend.

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Check out the http://www.cruiseryard.com/ He may not have what you need right now but he is a great guy to deal with. He is located in Austin, TX and most of his parts rigs are clean southern trucks that have little rust.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

weva09con

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rochester Indiana
First Name
Derick
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

The interior is coming out nicely. Will have some patching to do in the driver side floor and some other little places. I wish the prior owner would have kept this in a garage. 42k original miles and we are the 3rd owners. Last time it was plated was in 93. Plan on getting the hard top disassembled this week.

weva09con

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rochester Indiana
First Name
Derick
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

Thanks for that info. I will look them up. Anyone have suggestions for what type of media is best for removing paint and rust? We found a local place to blast it was looking for suggestions on media.