17 Silverado (MethodRaceWheels/Toyo Tires)

• HTML tutorial

ZillaOffroad

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Rubianes
Member #

Recently had my front end lifted with the Fox Shocks, next day I got the wheels put on. This is currently how we’re looking

-17” Method Race Wheels NV
-35x12.50 Toyo Open Country RTs
-Fox front coilovers w/ reservoir set leveled
-CST upper control arms

Did a 550mi trip with this new set up this past weekend and I have no major complaints so far!

Attachments

ZillaOffroad

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Rubianes
Member #

Looks nice. How high was the front leveled in order to fit the 35's? Did you also raise the rear with a block? And finally, are you concerned you may have to regear for the 35's?
Thanks! I believe 2.25-2.5”, I can’t get a full turn without it grabbing the wheel well though. I get decent turn radius but not as much as I’d like so I may bring it up more. The rear is stock height as on right now, if I bring the front up more then I’ll be raising the rear as well. I have thought about a changing the gears but everyone I’ve talked to with 35s have not had any issues, I may do it later down the line just for peace of mind though.

Bward76

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ward
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZE
Thanks! I believe 2.25-2.5”, I can’t get a full turn without it grabbing the wheel well though. I get decent turn radius but not as much as I’d like so I may bring it up more. The rear is stock height as on right now, if I bring the front up more then I’ll be raising the rear as well. I have thought about a changing the gears but everyone I’ve talked to with 35s have not had any issues, I may do it later down the line just for peace of mind though.
I’m running the same 35’s on my 2016 GMC with factory 3.42 gears. It works fine. Speedometer is spot on. Verified it last week on CHP speed check sign. It’s just a little sluggish around the neighborhood. Constantly wants to stay in 3rd gear and lug. Flip it to manual and leave it in 2nd if it bugs you.

Reactions: ZillaOffroad

ZillaOffroad

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Rubianes
Member #

I’m running the same 35’s on my 2016 GMC with factory 3.42 gears. It works fine. Speedometer is spot on. Verified it last week on CHP speed check sign. It’s just a little sluggish around the neighborhood. Constantly wants to stay in 3rd gear and lug. Flip it to manual and leave it in 2nd if it bugs you.
Sweet I appreciate it!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Looks s very good, glad to see another. I rub on the upper control arm at full lock. I will post a pic later

ZillaOffroad

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Rubianes
Member #

Looks s very good, glad to see another. I rub on the upper control arm at full lock. I will post a pic later
What size wheel and what’s the offset? I just got some trimming done behind the wheels wells and pushed it all back, so far no scrubbing anywhere. My UCAs are clear from rubs as well but I did buy aftermarket for them, maybe that’s why.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I used the Yakima bedrock rails they are the lowest mount available but I think I might get a different mount to raise it a little. @ZillaOffroad are you running 35x12.5?

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

So weird, maybe its just how the tires or made or something, I might be selling these mounts if your interested

ZillaOffroad

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Rubianes
Member #

So weird, maybe its just how the tires or made or something, I might be selling these mounts if your interested
Ohhhh the bed rails!! Right? Lol
I might be but I gotta be careful, the GF wasn’t to happy to hear how much I’ve spent the past 2 months on the truck and some camping gear haha

Reactions: BCMoto

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Ohhhh the bed rails!! Right? Lol
I might be but I gotta be careful, the GF wasn’t to happy to hear how much I’ve spent the past 2 months on the truck and some camping gear haha
Ok just let me know, my wife didnt mind the rack because of the RTT