First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Hi all,

I'd like to get new wheels and tires for my 2015 Subraru Outback. I don't know the physics and/or math well enough to understand what will/won't fit. I'm looking at:

Sparco Terra 16x7
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 225/75r16

Can anyone tell me what considerations and thought process I need to know if this setup will work for me?

Thanks in advance.

Liana

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
What size comes on it? I think most of the gen 5 Outbacks have 18" rims, so you will have to check clearance to make sure the 16 will fit over the hub/brake assembly.

As for the tire size, the 225 is the width in mm, the 75 is % of the 225, and 16 is rim size. There are charts and calculators to compare your stock size and tires you're looking for.

Maybe someone will have better specific info for you, but that's a start.

Reactions: Liana Lehua

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Yes the rim brake caliper clearance might be an issue. Have you called ADF and talked to Patrick about this. He should have information you require. Just make sure you tell him the year and model of your Outback.

Reactions: Liana Lehua

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
What size comes on it? I think most of the gen 5 Outbacks have 18" rims, so you will have to check clearance to make sure the 16 will fit over the hub/brake assembly.

As for the tire size, the 225 is the width in mm, the 75 is % of the 225, and 16 is rim size. There are charts and calculators to compare your stock size and tires you're looking for.

Maybe someone will have better specific info for you, but that's a start.
Hi Yes. My 2015 has stock 18" rims. I appreciate your info.

Reactions: Ripley1046

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Yes the rim brake caliper clearance might be an issue. Have you called ADF and talked to Patrick about this. He should have information you require. Just make sure you tell him the year and model of your Outback.
Thanks, Terry. Great recommendation. Cleared up and ended up going with the 225/65r17. :D

Reactions: Terry Pickens