Launch Member

Enthusiast II

8520 Rolling Hills Drive, Corona, CA, USA
First Name
Jeffery
Last Name
Hook
Member #

We had our first monthly meet-up in the Corona / Norco area and the turn out was great, about 16 rigs. We discussed our 2nd meet would include a run up to Santiago Peak and on to Silverado for breakfast, The route and stops will be decided the morning of the meet at the same spot at KYNDY’S DONUT CAFE, Dos Lagos.

I am still getting the hang of the site, so I hope everyone gets this update. Anyone having a better way to get the word out please feel free to add or edit anything here?

I hope to see everyone there that can make it.

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: T-88

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hey Jeff, what do think about teaming up with Inland Empire Meet up group. We are meeting up every 3rd Saturday of the month....

Cpt.Hook

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Jeffery
Last Name
Hook
Member #

Hey Jeff, what do think about teaming up with Inland Empire Meet up group. We are meeting up every 3rd Saturday of the month....
I like the concept of smaller areas(sub-Groups) and one large IE group. It seems to me that the IE is so large it may be easier to get a good turn out in smaller areas more often, and a wider area group monthly, what do you think? But this is just my opinion, lets kick it around? Can you make it Saturday?

Reactions: T-88

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

I like the concept of smaller areas(sub-Groups) and one large IE group. It seems to me that the IE is so large it may be easier to get a good turn out in smaller areas more often, and a wider area group monthly, what do you think? But this is just my opinion, lets kick it around? Can you make it Saturday?
I like your concept...it seems to make it more flexible.

As for this weekend...we are hosting a high school wrestling tournament so I'm booked all day Saturday, yet maybe next month. If your free on Jan 20 meet up…the plan is to visit Inscription Canyon ( https://goo.gl/maps/GCEFUn7kZYF2 ).

Also, we will be taking about Future trips….56th Annual Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari March 2 – 4, 2018. The plan is to spend a couple days in the desert. ( https://tdsdesertsafari.com/ )

Then, there is Overland Expo WEST, May 18 – 20, 2018 at Ft. Tuthill County Park, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA ( https://www.overlandexpo.com/west )

Trailaholic

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Norco, CA
Member #

I’m not sure how many people would be able to go and weather/trail permitting... but I’d be up for running up Bedford to the peak of Mt Santiago after the meet

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Great to meet new members and catch up with friends from other gatherings! Looking forward to the next coffee time and planning some camp outs and a couple of classes.

Reactions: Kaotic Overland

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Wow, I counted about 16 rigs, great turn out. Thanks to everyone who came out, looks like we will try this again next month with a quick trip over Santiago Peak.
Just check to make sure it is reopened Kathy mentioned someone said it was closed today. Last week when we went up try were some spots that could have washed out across the road with enough rain. Hopefully they can get it repaired quickly.

Cpt.Hook

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Jeffery
Last Name
Hook
Member #

We had our first monthly meet-up in the Corona / Norco area and the turn out was great, about 16 rigs. We discussed our 2nd meet would include a run up to Santiago Peak and on to Silverado for breakfast, The route and stops will be decided the morning of the meet at the same spot at KYNDY’S DONUT CAFE, Dos Lagos.

I am still getting the hang of the site, so I hope everyone gets this update. Anyone having a better way to get the word out please feel free to add or edit anything here?

I hope to see everyone there that can make it.

Wondering who uses a CB, just getting an idea of set ups and if any one is using one?

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Hello, new member Glen here. I actually talked my wife into letting me use her jeep for this event while our van is in the shop. Looking forward to meeting everyone & beginning our journey into the overland experience.

Last edited: