Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pueblo West, CO, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Chase
Member #

My wife can pretend to be @Candee and register on her behalf? :) Not sure if that's wise but hey we are willing to do it.

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Eagle and Denver Colorado
First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT
My wife can pretend to be @Candee and register on her behalf? :) Not sure if that's wise but hey we are willing to do it.
I think you have to have the wristband of the person in order to reg, but IDK, we'll find out when we get there. Easier to just schedule for Sunday IMHO as there will be no issues with being there to reg on Sat 5-7.

Reactions: urbanarmed

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Given that Candee is coming Friday night, and the uncertainty of getting registered people on a trail who are not present, and the difficulty of crowding the trail, I also suggest we do Antero with 14er fest on Sunday for those who would like to do Antero but will not be there until Friday after registration. I would like to do Antero on Sunday, so would my guest Curtis Hays, and I suspect Candee would as well.
I will actually be rolling in early in the morning around 1am. I will have all day Friday and Saturday to run trails and enjoy CO. I will head out Sunday for my drive back home. I'm good with anything you decide @Neal A. Tew. I have not registered for the event. I went to do it this morning after procrastinating for weeks but it was closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
What is the temps this morning?
Overnight lows forecast are in the low 40s.

Event Registration opens at 3 p.m. on Friday And then Trail registration at 5 p.m.

I'm departing at this very moment. I'll have the next 2 hours to firm up plans. ;)

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
We are slightly to the right (south) of the previously listed coordinates.

Due to other campers, etc, we're out on the point. Great views, just a little more exposed. Weather forecast doesn't look bad thankfully.

Reactions: Cendee

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Here's my trail ride suggestion...

Since our group alone may be enough to fill up the Antero ride (assuming there were no others), let's break it up into both days.

I think for the Friday group we'll run Princeton. This group can then register and hopefully get Antero for Saturday. Anyone else that comes Friday evening that wants to should try for Saturday Antero as well.

If you can't get that, I'd recommend Princeton next and then Baldwin Lake as a third choice. Then on Saturday evening register for Antero on Sunday.

It's challenging trying to coordinate our group under the umbrella of the main event. I apologize for the awkwardness.

I'm also not opposed to us running our own trail on Saturday and Sunday as long as we don't interfere with the main events.

@Fearless, you mentioned running Antero on Sunday, what were you planning for Saturday?

Also, if you miss the Friday eve trail signup, I believe I know how to get it handled Sat morning. We would need to be in town before 8AM.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Here's my trail ride suggestion...

Since our group alone may be enough to fill up the Antero ride (assuming there were no others), let's break it up into both days.

I think for the Friday group we'll run Princeton. This group can then register and hopefully get Antero for Saturday. Anyone else that comes Friday evening that wants to should try for Saturday Antero as well.

If you can't get that, I'd recommend Princeton next and then Baldwin Lake as a third choice. Then on Saturday evening register for Antero on Sunday.

It's challenging trying to coordinate our group under the umbrella of the main event. I apologize for the awkwardness.

I'm also not opposed to us running our own trail on Saturday and Sunday as long as we don't interfere with the main events.

@Fearless, you mentioned running Antero on Sunday, what were you planning for Saturday?

Also, if you miss the Friday eve trail signup, I believe I know how to get it handled Sat morning. We would need to be in town before 8AM.
I don't mind just running our own trail so we can all stay together. I'm on the road. See ya all soon.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
I don't mind just running our own trail so we can all stay together. I'm on the road. See ya all soon.
We are going to follow Neal. Where ever that may lead. He's gotten us this far. Impressed. Camp site is awesome!

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
The original targeted campsite became available and we moved about 100 yards down the hill into tree cover. It's the original coordinates posted in the Rally Point.

I'll try to get a banner up. Look for the white camper in the trees not out in the open.

dannymarc_fjc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Neuwirth
Member #

@Neal A. Tew
I'm sorry to say my wife and I won't be able to make it this weekend after all :(. The campsite looks beautiful, and hope you all have a blast!
We look forward to participating on the next one

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
We had such a good time. Most of the time we trail ride alone. This felt much safer. Learned a lot. Humbled I was. There is a huge difference in overall ride quality when one airs down. No matter what kind of tricked out suspension one might have. Thank you for the lesson.

Can't wait till next time.

Thank you Neal!

urbanarmed

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pueblo West, CO, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Chase
Member #

I had an absolute blast, met some new amazing people and learned a lot. So glad we were able to make this event and can’t wait for the next adventure. Thanks again Neal for putting this together and being a trail guide! Now, I need to get on that HAM license!

Fearless

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Eagle and Denver Colorado
First Name
Donna
Last Name
Spinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KTØCAT
I had an absolute blast, met some new amazing people and learned a lot. So glad we were able to make this event and can’t wait for the next adventure. Thanks again Neal for putting this together and being a trail guide! Now, I need to get on that HAM license!
Great to meet you and your wife, Josh.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

What an amazing time in CO. It was so nice to meet all of you and a special thanks to @Neal A. Tew for setting everything up. Enjoy the pictures. IMG_20190928_113935.jpg

Attachments