Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Here is completed winch plate and installed on truck for anyone who might be interested. If I didnt have the setina bar it would have been easier just to buy the Rough Country unit, but I have been told mine sits higher than the RC unit, and I like to build crap and this little project showed me just how out of practice I am
59328787001__8716FF20-7F5B-4278-ABF0-3B536056A398.JPGsideways.jpg

Reactions: Winterpeg

Incomingnachos

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Hemet Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Salcido
Member #

Question.....How has that 12000lb winch played out for you? I have a 2005 Silverado crew cab and have been trying to figure out if 12k is enough or should I go with an 18k lb winch.... the price point almost doubles between the two, and like everyone else on here I am on a budget....lol!

Reactions: Mekcanix

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Question.....How has that 12000lb winch played out for you? I have a 2005 Silverado crew cab and have been trying to figure out if 12k is enough or should I go with an 18k lb winch.... the price point almost doubles between the two, and like everyone else on here I am on a budget....lol!
Hi There,

The Winch worked well. I only used it once for the truck and camper when I hit a really soft section of a back road heading out to Black Lake Manitoba. it got us out fine.
I no longer have this truck as I have been running around in my 2016 Rebel. but I saw the truck last year and its still set up exactly the same after the guy has had it for 3 years so I assume its still working

Reactions: Incomingnachos