05 Toyota Sequoia "Wanda" (old thread) Complete build in link of my profile signature

• HTML tutorial

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
V8 2UZ-FE 4.7l motor with 5 speed automatic tranny.
She joined the family as a salvage vehicle with a rebuilt title.. all stock. 6 months later she's riding on Bilstein 6112 front coilovers with SPC upper control arms, with OME 2860 rear coils paired with OME 60071l Nitrochargers. Done it all my self. Roof rack, lights, storage system with 5 gallon water tank,12v pump with sprayer attachment. 2x18ah AGM batteries to run aux plugs, water pump, and overhead lights I installed into the lift gate, 24x48" table storage and storage rack in rear. Custom home made steel bumper with swing outs. On board ARB compressor plumbed to from and rear. Next project is my rock sliders.. steel is sitting in the garage.. been too cold to work on them last few days. Glad to be part of OB! IMG_20181229_073309.jpegIMG_20181222_111645.jpegIMG_20180924_230908.jpegIMG_20181115_194824.jpeg

Big Mike

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Smyrna, TN, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Big Mike
V8 2UZ-FE 4.7l motor with 5 speed automatic tranny.
She joined the family as a salvage vehicle with a rebuilt title.. all stock. 6 months later she's riding on Bilstein 6112 front coilovers with SPC upper control arms, with OME 2860 rear coils paired with OME 60071l Nitrochargers. Done it all my self. Roof rack, lights, storage system with 5 gallon water tank,12v pump with sprayer attachment. 2x18ah AGM batteries to run aux plugs, water pump, and overhead lights I installed into the lift gate, 24x48" table storage and storage rack in rear. Custom home made steel bumper with swing outs. On board ARB compressor plumbed to from and rear. Next project is my rock sliders.. steel is sitting in the garage.. been too cold to work on them last few days. Glad to be part of OB! View attachment 80824View attachment 80825View attachment 80826View attachment 80827
How do you like the SPC uppers

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
How do you like the SPC uppers
They are great, they stay clear of the shocks and when torqued properly (150 ft/lbs) they hold alignment well. I've hit some good sized rocks at speed and never had movement. They weren't too bad of an install.. minus the ball joint, which is a pain on everything.

Big Mike

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Smyrna, TN, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Big Mike
I need to get some before I do mine. Just want to take it apart once. Thanks for the info brother

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
I need to get some before I do mine. Just want to take it apart once. Thanks for the info brother
Good call, thats what I did, super easy to swap coilovers in the future, but the UCA's are worth doing first so you can get things aligned correctly. You may also consider wheel spacers if you're going to keep the stock wheels and increase your tire size. 1.25" Hub centric spidertrax are the best for that.

Reactions: ABTK01

Big Mike

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Smyrna, TN, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Big Mike
Good call, thats what I did, super easy to swap coilovers in the future, but the UCA's are worth doing first so you can get things aligned correctly. You may also consider wheel spacers if you're going to keep the stock wheels and increase your tire size. 1.25" Hub centric spidertrax are the best for that.
Yes planning on that as well. I have the factory 16 on it gonna do a 275/75-16 not quite a 33 but close.

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Yes planning on that as well. I have the factory 16 on it gonna do a 275/75-16 not quite a 33 but close.
That'll be a good fit, probably won't have to remove the front mud flaps and grind the pinch weld in the wheel well if you use that size.

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Nice build! :)
Thanks! Still working on my design for a winch bumper.. but it feels good to be on the downward side of a build.

ABTK01

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

That'll be a good fit, probably won't have to remove the front mud flaps and grind the pinch weld in the wheel well if you use that size.
So true. 285 70 R17 BFG KO2 with 1.25" Spidertrax spacers. Mud flaps removed. Thought I was rubbing on the tab that previously held the mud flaps so I took a hammer to them. This weekend, I finally figured out that I am rubbing on the pinch weld and today I read your thread! This weekend the angle grinder is going to have a little work to do.

ABTK01

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
RAFAEL
Last Name
VALLE
Member #

Next on my list for the 1st Gen Sequoia are Diff Breathers. Do you have them installed them on your rig.
What brand did you use and from where did you order them?
I appreciate any recommendations and insights.
Rafael

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Next on my list for the 1st Gen Sequoia are Diff Breathers. Do you have them installed them on your rig.
What brand did you use and from where did you order them?
I appreciate any recommendations and insights.
Rafael
I have the parts to extend the rear, just haven't had the time. I will run some 3/8 tubing from the rear up to the Fuel fill area, and put a stock breather on the end of the tube. I'm going to extend the center and tie it into the front, then extend the front diff breather up to the firewall in the engine compartment, probably put a fuel filter of some kind on the end.

Reactions: ABTK01

Makit Worx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Germany
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Crowther
Member #

Great build! And love the metal fab work. Once I do some general maintenance and get the rest of the recovery gear I need, suspension and tires are next on my list.

Ron

Reactions: A-Aron

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Great build! And love the metal fab work. Once I do some general maintenance and get the rest of the recovery gear I need, suspension and tires are next on my list.

Ron
Thx Ron.. here is the link to the updated full build.. don't know where this one came from to be honest.. I should see about removing it.. as it is not complete.
05 Toyota Sequoia Overland Build