Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Oh, shoulda posted earlier for your plans. For the spare tire, all you had to do was flip the tire carrier and redrill the center holes. They're off by less than an inch. You can use one of the backing plates as a template. I think you can squeeze a 33" on there before hitting the bumper.

I've done pretty much everything you can to a D2 (within reason). Always glad to help with the build, through the forums... I got excited when I saw your handle. Thought you were in San Francisco with me!

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Oh, shoulda posted earlier for your plans. For the spare tire, all you had to do was flip the tire carrier and redrill the center holes. They're off by less than an inch. You can use one of the backing plates as a template. I think you can squeeze a 33" on there before hitting the bumper.

I've done pretty much everything you can to a D2 (within reason). Always glad to help with the build, through the forums... I got excited when I saw your handle. Thought you were in San Francisco with me!
Funny you should mention the tire carrier, after I bolted it on I looked at it and laughed...Duh..Could have redrilled the holes and done!! Oh well, live and learn! Winch bumper and sliders should be here soon, I'll keep posting progress.

OB#3799

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Which front bumper is that? You happy with the way it is built?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Freakin GENIUS!!! Going to Home Depot right now!! Thanks!

OB#3799
The holes for the grommets are fairly large. I think I used a 5/8" drill bit and had to ream it a little larger. Test fit them as you go. A small drop of soap will make them slide in easier. Oh, and the holes for the metal hose clamps were already there and fit perfectly:)

Reactions: MS_Disco

TGF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lunenburg, MA
Member #

Very nice, man! Some great info in this thread too. Might need to do something with my own washer fluid reservoir.