Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

So I'm starting my very first overlanding build. I purchased the suburban a couple of weeks ago. First order of business was to make sure all the lights worked a blue tooth able head unit, and basic maintenance. Here she was as I got it.

Then I ordered a 3" lift with 2" hubcentric wheel spacers.

After that it was 5 bfg at ko2's LT285/70R17 or 33" tires and an alignment.

I have ordered a cobra CB radio, and will look into other types of comms in the future.

This is as far as I've come so far. I have plans for bumpers, winch, relocate spare to rear bumper, install an air compressor and tank where the spare is currently, drawer box inside with a bed on top. I'm sure there will be more that I'm not listing as of now. If you have any ideas or experiences feel free to throw in your two cents. I have experience off raiding and camping but not combined.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Nice Z71! post up more pics, also what lift did you go with? Love my BFG K02 as well.

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

Nice Z71! post up more pics, also what lift did you go with? Love my BFG K02 as well.
It was a lift from amazon. Just replaces the keys up front, spacers for the rear and shock extensions. I'll be getting better shocks soon. I've ran bfg ta ko's on both my previous Land Rovers and have always loved them.

Reactions: W4P

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

Here's another shot I took the other evening at my girlfriend's house. Can't wait to go and adventure. Have a trip planned for Father's Day weekend.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Lol with that banner you need your 65 impala Lowrider in the pic not the Burb. I grew up on the east side off of Martin Ave and white road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

Lol with that banner you need your 65 impala Lowrider in the pic not the Burb. I grew up on the east side off of Martin Ave and white road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Lmfao you're right, I'll get the homies in the picture too