Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I'm not sure if my message was sent. I'm having trouble with private messages.
He can see both our messages here. I saw his message to you and it said here is my number but the number was not shown on my end.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I am dumfounded, I cant believe you still have this jewel and not even had an offer on this rig. :sob:

RRLR3

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jeptha Knob Road, Shelbyville, Kentucky 40065, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Ross
Member #

Hey so I’m from northern Ohio, doesn’t seem like to far of a drive, would it need towed or could it make it a few hours?
It has very little braking power and an exhaust leak at both manifolds. Plus I haven't driven the vehicle for about six months. I would trailer it or have it shipped. This is why I'm selling so cheap. I can arrange shipping if needed. 20190625_064239.jpeg

OverlandN00b

Rank 0

Traveler I

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McLean
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VEQ
Interested for sure. I only live about 3hrs away in Knoxville. Are the manifolds cracked? Or is the leak a gasket/fitment issue with downpipe assembly? I'd really like to test this thing running & driving, as I am looking for a DD for about a year in this price range. Don't mind a little wrench time as long as it's not a pair of manifolds costing around $900 in parts.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Interested for sure. I only live about 3hrs away in Knoxville. Are the manifolds cracked? Or is the leak a gasket/fitment issue with downpipe assembly? I'd really like to test this thing running & driving, as I am looking for a DD for about a year in this price range. Don't mind a little wrench time as long as it's not a pair of manifolds costing around $900 in parts.
Plenty of used ones in the wrecking yards. Cracked manifold not usually the problem if there is one. I think it's just gaskets or manifold to tail pipe connection.
I hope you get it, I think it is a terrific buy and he has another $2500 in mods on the rig.

Reactions: OverlandN00b

RRLR3

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Ross
Member #

It's not manifolds, its gaskets. I actually have extra manifolds that can go with. If you are looking for a daily driver, I dont recommend this vehicle. But that's entirely up to who ever buys it. I also want to add that I have decided to install the new brake booster. Price will go up when I do this.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It's not manifolds, its gaskets. I actually have extra manifolds that can go with. If you are looking for a daily driver, I dont recommend this vehicle. But that's entirely up to who ever buys it. I also want to add that I have decided to install the new brake booster. Price will go up when I do this.
Why do you think it wouldn't be a good daily driver ?

RRLR3

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Ross
Member #

Why do you think it wouldn't be a good daily driver ?
If someone buys it and wants to drive it daily that's fine. I drove it daily for a little while before I found my LR3. I built it for offroad. The suspension is maxed as far as lift, not a comfortable ride. It probably gets about 5 mpg! Plus if you know about these vehicles, they can be very high maintenance. I'm just trying to be completely straight up with folks. I compare my Disco to a tractor!!