Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jeptha Knob Road, Shelbyville, Kentucky 40065, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Ross
Member #

I'm selling my Discovery to set up my LR3. Discovery is set up for offroad. Front bumper and winch, rock sliders, wheel spacers, 4 inch lift, rear Detroit locker, lots invested. Needs some work. Needs brake booster, a new one comes with. Also needs exhaust work, pipes loose at manifolds. I haven't driven for a while but I was driving daily. Did not overheat, no three amigos. This has been an awesome vehicle. If I had a place to work on it I would definitely keep.
Asking $2500.00 or best.
Vehicle is located in Shelbyville Ky. I may deliver depends upon location and price.
20190625_064239.jpeg20190625_064220.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I'm selling my Discovery to set up my LR3. Discovery is set up for offroad. Front bumper and winch, rock sliders, wheel spacers, 4 inch lift, rear Detroit locker, lots invested. Needs some work. Needs brake booster, a new one comes with. Also needs exhaust work, pipes loose at manifolds. I haven't driven for a while but I was driving daily. Did not overheat, no three amigos. This has been an awesome vehicle. If I had a place to work on it I would definitely keep.
Asking $2500.00 or best.
Vehicle is located in Shelbyville Ky. I may deliver depends upon location and price.
View attachment 105731View attachment 105732
Great rig, very good price. Someone will get a diamond in the rough. I paid $2000 for my 2000 model in feb. 2019, a great buy. So people will know, you have near $1500 in bumpers and rock sliders, and probably more than $400 more for the winch in addition to what I cant see. Wish I could have stsrted with your rig, but too late now. Black is badddddd
Lanlubber

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ya the rear end has a $600 Detroit locker, new brakes, including calipers all around. The suspension is terrafirma shock OME springs and toddco spacers, extended brake lines....etc
There you go, another 16-18 hundred bucks minimum.
I think your not asking enough personally.
I see $6000 price tags on stock LDR2's all the time.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I was hoping to price it low and someone would snatch it up.
I cant believe you haven't sold it yet. People bad mouth LRD's based on hearsay. They are no different than any other truck. I think they are trashed by people who are jealous of how little it takes to make a disco go anywhere you want to go with comfort and ease. I and another OB member have been spreading the news of your sale on other threads. Like the one here from MidOH, we know what a value you have at a give away price. I just bought mine in Feb. I got a good deal on it @ $2000. If I put just a front bumper on it I would be almost a $1000, which puts me $500 above the cost of buying yours and wouldn't even be close to being what you have for sale. I talked a kid in Canada last week into buying a Canadian LRD2 that he had to pay $6000 for. It was a 2004 with 85,000 miles. He considered it a good buy and it was.
I am so sorry I cant buy your LRD2, it will keep me up all night thinking about what a good deal I have missed.
Lanlubber

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks all for interest and help. I really appreciate it. I'm really hoping to sell to someone who appreciates these older Land Rovers and puts it back on the trail where it belongs!
That's why I sent you the email address to the president of the Arizona land rovers club. I'm a member at large and they are very active. I'm sure one of the members will want to take it off your hands if an OB guy doesn't come through. BTW would you happen to have an extra front right A pillar trim piece you want to sell ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks all for interest and help. I really appreciate it. I'm really hoping to sell to someone who appreciates these older Land Rovers and puts it back on the trail where it belongs!
This is the roof rack I will pick up in Albuquerque on the 5th of August;

kmach

Rank 0

Contributor I

Virginia, USA
First Name
K
Last Name
Mac
Just got back from a mobility course and starting into the 4x4 world... Would love to take this off your hands man. I sent you my number in messages

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Just got back from a mobility course and starting into the 4x4 world... Would love to take this off your hands man. I sent you my number in messages
I hope you get connected, Black beauty will make a wonderful rig !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I didn't see a number on your message either. Resend it ASAP