Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
If someone buys it and wants to drive it daily that's fine. I drove it daily for a little while before I found my LR3. I built it for offroad. The suspension is maxed as far as lift, not a comfortable ride. It probably gets about 5 mpg! Plus if you know about these vehicles, they can be very high maintenance. I'm just trying to be completely straight up with folks. I compare my Disco to a tractor!!
That's not nice, your going to hurt her feelings talking like that. My girl rides like a dream. I didn't raise it with heavy duty springs. I raised it 2" with spacers and that didn't alter the ride at all. I'm able to run 265/75R/16 tires and that's plenty for me. I didn't change gear ratios so the 380/1 and taller tires gives me close to 15 mpg @ 75 mph. For my driving I doubt I will ever need a rear locker and I like the the way the 4 wheel drive performs stock. Do you still have the original springs ?

Are you saying you raised it to the max as far as stock drive shaft, sway bars, brake lines and shocks are concerned ? Or did you change out all the suspension parts to get max height of 6" or so ? It dosent look to be jacked up that high in the pic's. My vehicle has not been high maintenance at all.

The previous owner said all he ever had to do was regular routine maintenance. An oil leak is on the bottom power steering return (no pressure side) hose that hasn't leaked bad enough for me to change yet. The other small leak is on the right side valve cover, also very minor. I've never seen a car that dosent leak a little oil from somewhere after 100,000 miles and almost 20 years old.

Heating problems are an owner maintenance problem in my book. People leave there cars idling in hot weather too long to keep their passengers cool, bad for engines. Wrong thermostats for the climate they live in, this is not English weather and in the states a 180 degree thermostat is needed in the sw region of the country, not the 190 degree thermo that comes as stock equipment. Head gaskets blowing are problematic on all car makes, especially ones with Aluminum heads and blocks and usually do go out st around 100,000 miles if not maintained well.

RRLR3

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jeptha Knob Road, Shelbyville, Kentucky 40065, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Ross
Member #

I'm saying I know this vehicle. I'm trying to be as upfront as possible. I dont care what everyone else has, or has done to their Discos. If you know about suspensions on these, then you know that approximately 3 in springs on 2 in spacers is about as much as you want to go. I've heard alot of noise and had a few folks say they are interested but dont follow through. My Disco is worth more than what I am asking. I was hoping the price would sell it quick. I posted this to sell to a like minded person who would appreciate this vehicle. I'm not advertising anywhere else for that reason.
If you are truly interested please let me know. If not I'm no longer interested in a discussion about my vehicle.

Reactions: bmwguru

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I'm saying I know this vehicle. I'm trying to be as upfront as possible. I dont care what everyone else has, or has done to their Discos. If you know about suspensions on these, then you know that approximately 3 in springs on 2 in spacers is about as much as you want to go. I've heard alot of noise and had a few folks say they are interested but dont follow through. My Disco is worth more than what I am asking. I was hoping the price would sell it quick. I posted this to sell to a like minded person who would appreciate this vehicle. I'm not advertising anywhere else for that reason.
If you are truly interested please let me know. If not I'm no longer interested in a discussion about my vehicle.
Just trying to help you sell it by bringing out the selling points. Good luck