Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Lol I gotta go get my cans of spaghetti Os . I was gonna try and make my dinner but meh haha.

I have a question. This is my first dispersed trip. If I wash a pan or dish is it ok to dump the water out on the ground? I know it seems like a silly question but thought I would ask
I use the smallest amount of water possible to wash (usually from a pot of boiled then cooled down water) and a splash of soap in our travel sponge.

Dip. Scrub. Then another splash of water and a shake. The rest of the water hits the ground and I towel dry.

What do other folks do??

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I've never seen a huge problem with grey water unless it's some ass dumping his RV out and flooding the trail (seen it)

A pan of dishwater isn't going to hurt anyone. Let Copper pre-rinse for you you'll be able to wipe it with a damp towel and call it good!

Is that your German Shepard? Ha I hope it's the dog.
Ok didn't want to do a no no

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I use the smallest amount of water possible to wash (usually from a pot of boiled then cooled down water) and a splash of soap in our travel sponge.

Dip. Scrub. Then another splash of water and a shake. The rest of the water hits the ground and I towel dry.

What do other folks do??

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
What she said. Very little water. Sometimes I do the whole thing by wiping with a paper towel. Doing dishes is a drag. I've been known to eat out of a can, throw it away, and wipe my spoon. Every once in a while a "full meal" is nice, then you just go all out and make a mess!

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Hello, gents - I am compiling an email list with the emails associated with your accounts, and will be getting on a direct thread with each other.

Here's who I have based on the entire convo:
@maktruk
@stoney126
@Byron Eby
@Northern_XS
@S.L.O_X
@antoniog28
@fj80toyman
@Narbob
Mr. Bazza J Holmes will be there with his camera :sunglasses:
And we'll be there with our Canon 70D, Go Pro, and new DJI Phantom 4 drone. :hearteyes::hearteyes:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if have missed someone?? And please let me know if your main email is different from your forum linked email. Just DM me the correct address.

And for anybody on the fence.... JOIN US.

It's gettin' real, ya'll...

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

hot damn friday cant come soon enough!! just went over the rig top to bottom and everything looks good. yesterday it hit me that when i upgraded to the 275/70/18's i didnt do the spare :fearscream: quick trip to Americas Tire and im set. This will be the first real outing in the LX. cant wait to see what she can do!!

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Hello, gents - I am compiling an email list with the emails associated with your accounts, and will be getting on a direct thread with each other.

Here's who I have based on the entire convo:
@maktruk
@stoney126
@Byron Eby
@Northern_XS
@S.L.O_X
@antoniog28
@fj80toyman
@Narbob
Mr. Bazza J Holmes will be there with his camera :sunglasses:
And we'll be there with our Canon 70D, Go Pro, and new DJI Phantom 4 drone. :hearteyes::hearteyes:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if have missed someone?? And please let me know if your main email is different from your forum linked email. Just DM me the correct address.

And for anybody on the fence.... JOIN US.

It's gettin' real, ya'll...
Ya, I don't generally do email for anything other than signing up on forums. Too clunky on my phone (seriously, people use the internet on anything else??)

But I guess for you, Corrie, things will have to change...

Reactions: Michael and Corrie

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Ya, I don't generally do email for anything other than signing up on forums. Too clunky on my phone (seriously, people use the internet on anything else??)

But I guess for you, Corrie, things will have to change...
See? I'm a dumbass anyway, I think I just sent everyone on Gmail my cell # :-) :-) :-)

Reactions: Michael

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Oh, were gonna have lots to chat about ;-)

nice! ive had a bunch of nissans, i had a 1st Gen Xterra 3" lift on some 32's drove it to 200k, only reason I sold was because i needed a third row. much regret.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

What she said. Very little water. Sometimes I do the whole thing by wiping with a paper towel. Doing dishes is a drag. I've been known to eat out of a can, throw it away, and wipe my spoon. Every once in a while a "full meal" is nice, then you just go all out and make a mess!
Please tell me you don't heat your canned goods over open flame. Not all, but many canneries use sealing chemicals that are inert and harmless until heated. Once heated, you run the risk of harmful metals and possibly even bisphenol A leaching into your food.

If you must, put it in a saucepan of boiling water at least.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
All this talk about spaghetti O's is making me hungry.
I'll add my 2 cents. Mountain House dehydrated spaghetti ( or lasagna ) Boil water, pour in bag, eat and throw away. It doesn't get any easier and it actually tastes good too.

Reactions: maktruk