Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Yeah, if I get this pesky exhaust leak cured, I'll be heading north from Torrance up the 5 to the 14 through Mojave. Probably leave late morning Friday.

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I forgot to add to my earlier post. For those not familiar with the area, just before entering Lone Pine there's a nice Visitor Center (clean bathrooms ) with a a large book and map section and other cool historical things to see. They also have a free map of Alabama Hills that shows the trails as well as the movie sites.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I forgot to add to my earlier post. For those not familiar with the area, just before entering Lone Pine there's a nice Visitor Center (clean bathrooms ) with a a large book and map section and other cool historical things to see. They also have a free map of Alabama Hills that shows the trails as well as the movie sites.
This is awesome info. Is it on the North or South side of LP?

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
This is awesome info. Is it on the North or South side of LP?
On the south side, east of the highway. Not great signage. It's a "T" intersection that also goes toward Death Valley.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Yes! I love history. Museum anyone? :grimacing:

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Yes! I love history. Museum anyone? :grimacing:
I'm in. I'll probably be there early afternoon on Friday since I'm only 3 hours away from LA. I might also side trip back to Reward Mine which is only a couple miles North of Lone Pine. The mine is very cool and you can drive a couple miles in. Very popular. BTW, I also like history and have a pretty good campfire/ ghost story about the area... Backed up with a photo!!!

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I'm in. I'll probably be there early afternoon on Friday since I'm only 3 hours away from LA. I might also side trip back to Reward Mine which is only a couple miles North of Lone Pine. The mine is very cool and you can drive a couple miles in. Very popular. BTW, I also like history and have a pretty good campfire/ ghost story about the area... Backed up with a photo!!!
Drive in mine....this going to be great

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Yup, @Northern_XS and I are leaving at 4 ish am and meeting Mak in Gilroy. At least this is the rough plan so far. Care to join the Convoy good sir?
I think that might work out. That would get us there in plenty of daylight. Let's discuss details here as Friday gets closer!

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Yeah, if I get this pesky exhaust leak cured, I'll be heading north from Torrance up the 5 to the 14 through Mojave. Probably leave late morning Friday.

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.
Hoping you make it man. How bad is the leak?

WCO_Ryan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Napa ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hackett
Member #

Spent the day rounding up my gear, well at least what gear i could find. Didnt realize it had been so long since i sold my jeep (10 years ). Between that and my teenage son things seemed to have wandered. I should be pretty good to go for this trip though. Really getting excited to get out of town!!

Reactions: stoney126

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Spent the day rounding up my gear, well at least what gear i could find. Didnt realize it had been so long since i sold my jeep (10 years ). Between that and my teenage son things seemed to have wandered. I should be pretty good to go for this trip though. Really getting excited to get out of town!!
Haha ya I need to get my stuff together too. Should have it all good to go by tommorrow. And I'm excited too, I should be asleep for work but can't sleep now , oh well

fj80cruiserlife

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Daly City, California, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Garza
Member #

Im down to hit the road at 4am..... Figured i could text you when im heading through st helena and we could meet up somewhere. I told Maktruk that we would be in Gilroy sometime between 6-7am.
if you guys have a place for pit stop in gilroy left me know i should be in around that area around that morning too? thoughts.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

if you guys have a place for pit stop in gilroy left me know i should be in around that area around that morning too? thoughts.
Intersection of 101 and 152 East is the jump-off point for the 5, also one of the main Gilroy exits. McD's, Starbucks, Shell, Chevron etc, abound

Last edited: