Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

I put a 3 "lift on my WJ and decided to get some more aggressive tires. I ended up going with tredwright wardens i had heard the TWs run a little larger than actual size so that worked for me.

They look good so far, im at the tire shop now.

Before while jacked

Sent from my SM-G920P using OB Talk mobile app

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Looks good. Personally I am not a fan of treadwright tires but I know many people that run them.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

nice rig man!! a few people in my local club run the treadwrights, and they enjoyed them. one guy ran the kedge grip ones and they didn't last long on the street but did amazingly in the rocks and stuff.
my buddy also ran em on his 2500 ram and they didn't last a year. I don't think they are really rated for heavy rigs like that lol

also what size did you go with? not sure if you posted it and I missed it or if im just blind lol

Last edited:

Zydeco blue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

nice rig man!! a few people in my local club run the treadwrights, and they enjoyed them. one guy ran the kedge grip ones and they didn't last long on the street but did amazingly in the rocks and stuff.
my buddy also ran em on his 2500 ram and they didn't last a year. I don't think they are really rated for heavy rigs like that lol

also what size did you go with? not sure if you posted it and I missed it or if im just blind lol
They are 245 75 16 which is my stock size, but they wereat least an inch taller then my old tires, i was wantimg to size up to 265s but my gut told me not to, which if i did i wouldhave had to do some trimming

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

They are 245 75 16 which is my stock size, but they wereat least an inch taller then my old tires, i was wantimg to size up to 265s but my gut told me not to, which if i did i wouldhave had to do some trimming

and youre on a 3 inch ya say hmmm, I was thinking about 265/70/17s cause that's what im running now on my 2.5" freedom offroad lift
thanks man and badass rig!!! I love how many more wjs are popping up on here

Zydeco blue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Installed a spartan locker yesterday cant really tell to much of a difference in driving on the road. The ratchiting on turns is not that noticeable from inside the car. Will be trying it out in some mud later.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

Zydeco blue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Put it in some really muddy conditions stuff that i know i would have been stuck 5 ft In with just open dif, two wheel drive. But It just trudged along no problems. The TWs did good and cleaned themselves out qwickly after i got out of the mud. I was very happy and impressed with the performance.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

Zydeco blue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Ive been on the interstate a few times with them now too and they are not loud and pretty smooth. I like them i would, buy again

OB # 2916