Enthusiast I

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Noah
Last Name
Barlow
Member #

Hi all,
I’m building out my ZR2 and looking for any tips, but also eager to share.
So far I’ve been so happy with the truck.
I picked up a sand dune coloured 2021 ZR2 diesel.
I love the colour and the front grill of the 2021
I added:
Cold air intake
33” rubber 285/70/ 17 Duratrac
Levelling kit to fit the 33” rubber
Garmin overlander + rear view camera (mounted to the front for better viewing)
I have ordered a decked system, bed rack and a softtopper to try out.

Attachments

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
589Fab rear shock relocation and Trifecta tune are the best mods I've done. Timbren bump stops, gears, steel drive shaft, skidz. The AEV 33" trim kit allows you to keep the truck at OEM height and still run 33-34" tires, you want to keep CG low. The Decked system with a Softopper make a great rig for dry and warm camping.

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
CBI Offroad Bedrack, not seen is the AEV Snorkel. I have yet to start on any mechanical modifications, most of mine are bolt on. RTT for the bed rack is my next purchase along with the roof rack20200826_154933.jpg

Noahbarlow

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Noah
Last Name
Barlow
Member #

589Fab rear shock relocation and Trifecta tune are the best mods I've done. Timbren bump stops, gears, steel drive shaft, skidz. The AEV 33" trim kit allows you to keep the truck at OEM height and still run 33-34" tires, you want to keep CG low. The Decked system with a Softopper make a great rig for dry and warm camping.
Love it. I will look at the aev kit for sure. I love their builds and accessories. I have the 589 fab shock guards on order, but didn’t consider the relocation.

Noahbarlow

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Noah
Last Name
Barlow
Member #

CBI Offroad Bedrack, not seen is the AEV Snorkel. I have yet to start on any mechanical modifications, most of mine are bolt on. RTT for the bed rack is my next purchase along with the roof rackView attachment 182043
Yeah, that’s the same bed rack I ordered. Looks great! I do love the oem roll bar and lights, so not sure I will install it until the summer when I plan on doing some camping/trips and will need it.

Reactions: seawolf156

Noahbarlow

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Noah
Last Name
Barlow
Member #

So the trim kit is up to 2020, the 2021 has a new grill/appearance but aev is set to release a new one this year. This is my ultimate goal

Attachments

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
So the trim kit is up to 2020, the 2021 has a new grill/appearance but aev is set to release a new one this year. This is my ultimate goal
The kit should work on a 2021, the fenders are the same, just different front fascia. The kit is just closeout panels for inside the wheel wells.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
This my special addition zr2 built by Toyota lol jk I will go back to my side of the app the zr2s are awesome
The Taco's and Colorado's are very similar, wheel base with in a inch, 4lo ratio is very close, 2.5 vs 2.7, taco cab is a bit smaller inside and taco sure has a lot more aftermarket support. The ZR2 with 2 lockers and wider track is a plus.

Reactions: Highplainsdrifter

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
What front level kit did you use? I'd really like to stuff 285/70/17's in mine.