ZR2 Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

Terex

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Taos, NM
We've had our Chevy Colorado ZR2 since last fall and really love it. Will be pulling our VMI Offroad Canyon trailer with it. No plans to do any rock crawling, so keeping tires the same and no lift. Will probably add a winch and some beefier skid plate protection. Additional ground clearance has been gained by mounting the spare on top of the cab but I need to trim the exhaust pipe tip. No RTT planed as we have the trailer and if I just head out by myself, I've got several tents. The 1Up bike racks on top of the bed rack are really solid and even with the high mount and greater moment arm provide a needed mounting option when pulling the trailer.

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

We've had our Chevy Colorado ZR2 since last fall and really love it. Will be pulling our VMI Offroad Canyon trailer with it. No plans to do any rock crawling, so keeping tires the same and no lift. Will probably add a winch and some beefier skid plate protection. Additional ground clearance has been gained by mounting the spare on top of the cab but I need to trim the exhaust pipe tip. No RTT planed as we have the trailer and if I just head out by myself, I've got several tents. The 1Up bike racks on top of the bed rack are really solid and even with the high mount and greater moment arm provide a needed mounting option when pulling the trailer.

Very nice setup! I love the new zr2. The diesel model was a great choice for chevy to compete in the tocama market! I wouldn't mind owning one!

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app