Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

A grommet or drain plug in the floor would be the easiest option, unless you are comfortable with drilling a hole in the back of the cab and putting in you own grommet. Otherwise going through the firewall and then under the cab would be the next option.

Reactions: M Rose

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Hello OB, I recently got into the world of communications and I was wondering how some of you Colorado ZR2/ canyon members routed your antennas from inside to outside the cab. Right now I have it going through the rear window but I don’t want it damaging the seal on it. Pictures would be appreciated
I think there are a couple air vents in the back wall of the cab that you could route an antenna cable through.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

My cb antenna goes through rear passenger window, I use handheld for ham so no through wiring. If you frequently park in garages for work, at home, hotels or at The airport you will want a removable or portable antenna. It gets annoying i spent 6 hours one night in downtown Houston trying to find a hotel I could fit in without scraping antenna or snorkel.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I run a lot of over grown trails and I need a removable antenna. I use a mag mount and run the cable thru the door jamb. Most guys I know use FRS/GMRS, I have a portable hand held CB , Midland 75-822, when needed. As you know we don't have a ton of room in these Colorado cabs and I didn't want a mounted CB.