Traveler II

Morgan Hill, CA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Detch
Member #

Hi Gents,

I'm planning a trip for about a week. Looking to explore Zion, Bryce and Moab. I've been to Moab 3 times, so looking to mix it up a bit.

Any suggestions on route between zion - bryce to moab that's mainly offroad? Any must do activities, sights in those areas that I should research?

thanks in advance!
Tom

TDGarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, CA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Detch
Member #

I'm be in Zion a couple of days before you. Do you plan on doing any hikes in the park? Angels Landing, the Narrows?

Garrett Wash

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
Member #

angel's landing and hidden canyon. I'm iffy on the narrows. Supposed to be a great hike but I'm not about getting wet haha.

Garrett Wash

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
Member #

Yeah, I'm in the Navy and they're actually paying me to move my truck from San Diego to Saratoga Springs. I have two weeks to do it.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
After Bryce Canyon you can head southeast thru the Grand Staircase down to Lake Powell then back up Northeast to the town of Escalante then continue to make your way north east til you get to Green River.

Basically, leave Bryce head east on byway 24, get to Kodachrome SP-Cottonwood Rd.-Big Water town-Smoky Mountain Rd.-Left Hand Collet Rd-Hole in the Rock Rd-Escalante town. Then east to the town of Boulder-Burr Trail-north on Notom Bullfrog Rd-cross Byway 24, ford the Fremont river and do the Cathedral Valley loop in Capitol Reef NP, navigate north to Goblin Valley SP from here you are almost at Green River, just jump back on byway 24. There are tons more trails and routes but I've done this route and it's amazing.

Maybe 200-300 miles, 4-5 days, easily over half of it is dirt.