Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI5FK
Service Branch
Army retired
I'm using the big case as the trunk in my truck now. Those rubber drawer liners are great to keep stuff from sliding around

Attachments

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I was super lucky and won the cases that Michel and Corrie gave away. I am super impressed with them and they will actually help my luck the can down the road a bit on a drawer system.

Let me see what you guys and girls use your for.
Wow congrats, that is a great win !!

They make mounts for roof racks (basket type, maybe others), that secure them in place. Myself I would select one for my cooking/kitchen things, One for camp gear and leave those packed (mostly) all the time and in garage till camping trip, then grab and go..

Jim

ButcherShop

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Eastvale, California, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Butcher
Member #

Such great cases and they will provide great use for you as the years go on. I have a small collection of pelican cases for my film/photo gear and they get repurposed all the time. I definitely see the purchase as an investment. And even better when you win them! Congrats.

Ahoward2k

Rank VI

Advocate I

Helena, Alabama, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI5FK
Service Branch
Army retired
Such great cases and they will provide great use for you as the years go on. I have a small collection of pelican cases for my film/photo gear and they get repurposed all the time. I definitely see the purchase as an investment. And even better when you win them! Congrats.
I'm buying an HF radio since i just got my extra license. One of the cases will be my ham box

Ahoward2k

Rank VI

Advocate I

Helena, Alabama, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI5FK
Service Branch
Army retired
I was super lucky and won the cases that Michel and Corrie gave away. I am super impressed with them and they will actually help my luck the can down the road a bit on a drawer system.

Wow congrats, that is a great win !!

They make mounts for roof racks (basket type, maybe others), that secure them in place. Myself I would select one for my cooking/kitchen things, One for camp gear and leave those packed (mostly) all the time and in garage till camping trip, then grab and go..

Jim
That's the plan. Also want to make a ham radio shack in a box with one of the larger ones

ButcherShop

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Eastvale, California, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Butcher
Member #

I'm buying an HF radio since i just got my extra license. One of the cases will be my ham box
Definitely post photos of that when you get it built! I’d love to see what you do.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Wow, congratulations!

ZARGES boxes are legendary. We have many cheap aluminum boxes here that you can get at the DIY stores for example. But usually that is no comparison at all to the high-quality ZARGES boxes. They are awesome. I have two very old ZARGES boxes that were taken out of service by the German military and sold. They are mega sturdy

I'm curious to see what you do with the boxes. Especially the idea with the ham shack is particularly interesting. I look forward to seeing photos of it.

Oh well, here are a few pictures of mine. They are older than me and still in perfect condition - haha. When I got them, they were of course olive. Sanded, primed and painted black. Inside I have additionally put some isolation in to prevent rattling of stuff inside and to protect stuff from the aluminum abrasion. The four holes that you see are for the secure attachment by bolts.

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahn