louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I bought my Aluminum folding directors style chair at Harbor Freight for $19.99 (with coupon, I think they are $21.99 now). They weigh about 2lbs ea and have a folding table on 1 side and pouchs on the other. They are made with a green material and aluminum.
I'll definitely check that out. The Helix chair sounds nice, but at $150+ per chair, I wouldn't have any ass left to put in a chair... :(
Harbor Freight to the rescue...again!

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

ARB one comes with carry case and has a small drinks/snack table and a side pouch too. Sounds very similar to the Harbor Freight ones mentioned above. But they cost about $75 from OK4wd.

firemen7

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Escondido, CA, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
McLaren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EBY
Service Branch
Firefighter/Paramedi
Strong back has great support and is probably the best chair I’ve used. Comes in two sizes so the shorter one in our family is more comfortable.

ScottEtkin

Rank VI
Launch Member

World Traveler I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Etkin
Member #

By far the best, most comfortable chair I have ever owned is the Nemo Stargaze recliner. It is ridiculously expensive, however it makes sitting an absolute joy! I could fall asleep in this reclined.

20190529_163846.jpg

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I have a couple of these and love them.

://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Spectator-Compact-Folding-Director/dp/B07KFTMXDN/ref=pd_day0_hl_263_5/144-0413425-6745137?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07KFTMXDN&pd_rd_r=d2911f36-8fb1-11e9-b51a-bbfb9dfd63c2&pd_rd_w=rqJWF&pd_rd_wg=IBP3l&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=72CW5JDKW3DGWWGKP2GY&refRID=72CW5JDKW3DGWWGKP2GY

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

By far the best, most comfortable chair I have ever owned is the Nemo Stargaze recliner. It is ridiculously expensive, however it makes sitting an absolute joy! I could fall asleep in this reclined.

View attachment 103319
I sat in one of those at Overland Expo West, and it was awesome! Now I just need to convince myself it’s worth $220.

Reactions: ScottEtkin

maxboxa

Rank 0

Contributor I

SF Bay Area
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Johnson
you can find them occasionally much cheaper. i bought the larger one (red/black) at the last REI garage sale for $80 and the smaller one (green/black) for my wife at Sportsbasement for $59.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

We bought ours at Aldi thanks to Sean Hank Haney.. But here is another version from Harbor Freight.. Pretty close to what we except ours is steel {I think, haha} and not aluminum.. They fold up nicely into a suitcase sized package and has an incorporated carry handle..https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=camp chair

Reactions: grubworm