You know Posting Rig Questions is difficult!!

• HTML tutorial

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Its hard to come up with unique questions regarding your Rig that hasn't probably been addressed already. This makes it virtually impossible to sound like you have an actual once in a lifetime question no one thought of, so for now I'm stuck on stupid. This really isn't even a rig question because there is no possible input or feedback to give, mark it up as random babble.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Its hard to come up with unique questions regarding your Rig that hasn't probably been addressed already. This makes it virtually impossible to sound like you have an actual once in a lifetime question no one thought of, so for now I'm stuck on stupid. This really isn't even a rig question because there is no possible input or feedback to give, mark it up as random babble.
Don't worry about your question being unique... If it's your question then ask it. Forum threads can be merged into other threads, so if we get 5 of the same question they can be merged into one thread to consolidate the information. I would rather have 5 of the same post and your question be answered than having you avoid asking questions! Learn as much as you can from everyone here!

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Don't worry about your question being unique... If it's your question then ask it. Forum threads can be merged into other threads, so if we get 5 of the same question they can be merged into one thread to consolidate the information. I would rather have 5 of the same post and your question be answered than having you avoid asking questions! Learn as much as you can from everyone here!
Literally the opposite response of what you can expect at any other internet forum out there. This is what makes OB so different. Love it! The normal response would be some version of "go search before posting, and don't annoy us. #hateallnoobs". This is so much better!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

The search feature here isn't perfect. And sometimes you search your topic and don't see the 4 other threads that already exist. No big deal. When I go through and merge threads or post a link to other places the questions have been answered it's to help folks out with their question and keep the forums organized. Don't worry about asking questions. This community exists to connect experienced overlanders with inexperienced ones. Ask away.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Thanks Hank, normally I have all sorts of questions but, tonight my brain is on lockdown. However since joining the Overland Bound Community I've learned so much more than I expected and the support is fantastic … hands down the best forum online!
Glad to hear it!
Just so you know you can also message me @Hank Outdoors or any of the other Reps. or Directors as well.

Reactions: Michael

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I pretty much exclusively search through google, adding "site:xxxxxx.com" to narrow it to the one in question. For example, for my F250 Ill search "2017+ super duty [key words] site:ford-trucks.com." The first part of the quote keeps me within my truck generation's forum. If I don't find it there, and cant find it anywhere else, Ill ask the question.

All that said, I was a physics teacher before, and now am a USAF flight instructor about to head out for my 5th deployment. Some folks will always hate noobs, but I always openly advertise that I'll give a real answer to any question a new guys asks. I'd much rather them ask the stupid question on the ground, than be overhead a target wondering "wait, was I supposed to hit switch A first, or switch B first?"

So yeah, ask away! Really, even if the topic gets discussed once every few months, chances are your new thread will engage different people, which increases everyone's education.

Last edited:

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

I pretty much exclusively search through google, adding "site:xxxxxx.com" to narrow it to the one in question. For example, for my F250 Ill search "2017+ super duty [key words] site:ford-trucks.com." The first part of the quote keeps me within my truck generation's forum. If I don't find it there, and cant find it anywhere else, Ill ask the question.

All that said, I was a physics teacher before, and now am a USAF flight instructor about to head out for my 5th deployment. Some folks will always hate noobs, but I always openly advertise that I'll give a real answer to amy question a new guys asks. I'd much rather them ask the stupid question on the ground, than be overhead a target wondering "wait, was I supposed to hot switch A first, or switch B first?"

So yeah, ask away! Really, even if the topic gets discussed once every few months, chances are your new thread will engage different people, which increases everyone's education.
Well said!

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

All that said, I was a physics teacher before, and now am a USAF flight instructor about to head out for my 5th deployment. Some folks will always hate noobs, but I always openly advertise that I'll give a real answer to any question a new guys asks. I'd much rather them ask the stupid question on the ground, than be overhead a target wondering "wait, was I supposed to hit switch A first, or switch B first?"

Sir, if you head to Bagram let me know when you arrive I'll try my best to link up with you which shouldn't be to difficult being that BAF is not very huge or overly populated. Noted, good points.

Reactions: Lindenwood

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Sir, if you head to Bagram let me know when you arrive I'll try my best to link up with you which shouldn't be to difficult being that BAF is not very huge or overly populated. Noted, good points.
I havent been to Bagram in a while and it will be a while yet--I keep getting sent to Iraq! But that woulda been sweet!

Reactions: PatriotT4R