edspecR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Berkeley, CA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
A
Hello OB! Not sure why it never dawned on me to that there must be a community of like-minded offroad car campers like me.

Just bought a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport that I plan to use for that purpose. I know I know its not ideal, but its got everything else I'd want. Also have a 2015 Outback and a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, yet neither will comfortably and entertainingly take my family of 4+dog+cargo+sanity any good distance. Looking forward to learning!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB! Not sure why it never dawned on me to that there must be a community of like-minded offroad car campers like me.

Just bought a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport that I plan to use for that purpose. I know I know its not ideal, but its got everything else I'd want. Also have a 2015 Outback and a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, yet neither will comfortably and entertainingly take my family of 4+dog+cargo+sanity any good distance. Looking forward to learning!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: edspecR

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Hey welcome to OLB! Yes there are a lot of people locally who love to adventure. And your Explorer will get you many places. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Welcome to Overland Bound... I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the new member threads. It will help you while you savage the OB website and there is a ton of great information. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trails runs and trainings.

Again welcome to Overland Bound and I look forward to meeting you out there on the trail.

Mike

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Welcome. If your ever up our way, check out our meet ups or reach out.