Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I’m narrowing down rack choices and like the front runner rack but I like the ease of removal of the Yakima foot/tower system that would mount to my truck cap rail.

Do any of you have first hand experience with a set up like this?

I’ll mainly use the rack for my canoe and kayak but like the ability to buy additional slats for a sitting platform.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The only thing I can say about the Yakima is it moves a lot and makes noise when loaded heavy. I got rid of it and now have the Font Runner and love it. This is not the same application you have but just what happened to me.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
The only thing I can say about the Yakima is it moves a lot and makes noise when loaded heavy. I got rid of it and now have the Font Runner and love it. This is not the same application you have but just what happened to me.
Was that on your Jeep in a track or q towers? That’s interesting, thanks for sharing.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Was that on your Jeep in a track or q towers? That’s interesting, thanks for sharing.
yes on the jeep, rack with Q towers and I installed a basket.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
yes on the jeep, rack with Q towers and I installed a basket.
I’ve run into that before, I installed hundreds of racks when I was young and working at a large bike shop. The flatter the surface the more the q towers would move. They work great when the opposing towers’ feet are angled. Too bad, it’s a convenient system.