Enthusiast I

Issaquah, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Astudillo
Member #

Hello,
I am new to the group and would love to start sharing about a build I started a few months ago. I am fusing a 2007 Xterra with a 2005 Titan pro 4X.

Basically taking everything below the frame from the Titan and adding it to the frame of the Xterra.
This means beefier differentials, axels, brakes, and basically all suspension components.
I will have to add a few aftermarket parts but over all the benefit of this build is that I achieve better suspension with parts that can be found anywhere.

I will add a lot more as I go but to start these are the rock sliders and the original rig: View attachment 138838: View attachment 138836View attachment 138837

TheGuyWithTheImport

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Erik
Last Name
Astudillo
Member #

Yup, it pretty much bolts on. The truck stand is “naturally” changed to 6 inch wider and the travel changed from 6 inch to 14 inch. Or something close to that. I am now able to use 35” with little mods to plastics and have an “stock” electronic locker in the rear diff. Everything is so much stronger with out ruining the ride as it is a “stuck set up”

TheGuyWithTheImport

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Erik
Last Name
Astudillo
Member #

No donor truck I didn’t want to end up stock with the shell. I just got all the part from a junk yard. No V8 as the extra weight would affect off road performance. If I ever change it it will be for a 3.0 Audi TDI engine. But for now I am happy with power band as I went from 315 gears to 456

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Yup, it pretty much bolts on. The truck stand is “naturally” changed to 6 inch wider and the travel changed from 6 inch to 14 inch. Or something close to that. I am now able to use 35” with little mods to plastics and have an “stock” electronic locker in the rear diff. Everything is so much stronger with out ruining the ride as it is a “stuck set up”
WOW - 14" or travel front and rear? That's Yuge. A Raptor is ~13" IIRC.

-TJ

Reactions: TheGuyWithTheImport

TheGuyWithTheImport

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Erik
Last Name
Astudillo
Member #

I chose Radflow, they say it gives 14 inch travel but we are thinking real world will be closer to 12. Rear might be more but hard to tell as we haven’t installed the new rear differential. Current job is to re-gear both differentials and wire the electronic locker in the back. Since I have the front locker open I am thinking about throwing an air locker. Anyone knows of a well priced front locker for a Titan 2005?

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I chose Radflow, they say it gives 14 inch travel but we are thinking real world will be closer to 12. Rear might be more but hard to tell as we haven’t installed the new rear differential. Current job is to re-gear both differentials and wire the electronic locker in the back. Since I have the front locker open I am thinking about throwing an air locker. Anyone knows of a well priced front locker for a Titan 2005?
That's certainly awesome travel and if it's tuned well will be a joy on rutted and washboard roads. If you do opt for the front locker, it'll also be nice and capable with a true 4Lo and dual lockers.

-TJ

Reactions: TheGuyWithTheImport

TheGuyWithTheImport

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Erik
Last Name
Astudillo
Member #

That's certainly awesome travel and if it's tuned well will be a joy on rutted and washboard roads. If you do opt for the front locker, it'll also be nice and capable with a true 4Lo and dual lockers.

-TJ
Thank you, I can’t wait for the first trip. I have been planing this project for a while!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Yes I do there’s a build thread on here for it

Last edited: